What's new

glNintendo64() v0.3

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
I have no INI, and...

Uhm, weird, i must be the only person with no INI being created. Maybe its because of the way i arranged the folders; the plugins, roms , and emulator folder are in totally different places.

Well, anyway, ¿can anyone send me a plugin INI file (or how can I build one manually), to see if that fixes my prob?

Ohh. A bug report:

- Paper Mario, has the best quality around compared to most plugins (the menus look just like in a real 64 wow!), but it has still flicker in a lot of areas.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Heres another bug:

On starfox 64 where you see all the planets, it has a major slowdown, Jabo's video plugin shares this problem also, Rices Deadulus plugin doesn't have this problem. weird no?

Another thing this plugin shares with jabos is when you pause the game in zelda oot it stops for a moment, weird, but not a huge problem, doesn't bug me! :D

Mystical Ninja playable? great stuff... that game is actully pretty good, i've got it for my real n64... :)

This plugin has become my personal favourite for Zelda oot, mario kart,banjo kazooie,starfox :), great work orkin!

Its Paper Mario i think you mean Neto :p

Bandit82

Hmm

Odd... the faces are messed up on Radeon 9700 and 9500.
Mario looks exactly like Mario on glNintendo ( the faces are messed up ) when i use UltraHLE and gl2ideal !!!

gokuss4

Meh...
about the zelda oot stops for a moment problem, i think that has to do with the texture loading process. if orkin made optimizations to that, i think the problem would be gone or very very scarce. i think that would fix other problems to that have to do with texture loading.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Uhm

Yeah.. it's Paper Mario. jejeje, the names are too similar.

And about the ini, i have windows xp, so maybe the ini is created only in win9x machines, but i'm jjust guessing.

new_profile

BFeely said:
I have a problem: When using GLNintendo64 in Project64, it crashes when I try to load a savestate. My system specs are:

1.4GHz Athlon
NVidia Geforce3 Ti 200
Detonator drivers 40.72
512 MB PC133 SDRAM
Windows XP SP1, DirectX 8.1

I have the same problem with project64 that doesn't appear with 1964. It's the plugin issue and not PJ64 because I successfully loaded the same savestate using Rice plugin.
Windows indicate that the error is at offset 10008931 "fmul dword ptr [ebx+50h]".

Thanks.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Re: Uhm

NeTo said:
Yeah.. it's Paper Mario. jejeje, the names are too similar.

And about the ini, i have windows xp, so maybe the ini is created only in win9x machines, but i'm jjust guessing.

glNintendo expects the plugin to be in $EmuPath\plugin so you should create a one and voilá ini is created. And Orkin you should consider taking the plugin path from registry since lot of us have plugins in one folder.

decription

Nice!

Awesome to see that you are still here and have re-appeared. I was afraid you disapeared as it seems so many other authors have of late. Cngrats on the awesome plugin. Quite an achievement. I like it alot.
EDIT: The person posting about the slow pause screen, that is a core issue of PJ64 shared with other emu's. The RDB sudjests to turn off frame limiter when you pause, it helps.

Last edited:

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
uhm.. so that was it... interesting

Thanx euphoria! Now I will have to move all my plugins to the the corresponding emu. (what a waste of space...)

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Re: uhm.. so that was it... interesting

NeTo said:
Thanx euphoria! Now I will have to move all my plugins to the the corresponding emu. (what a waste of space...)

No you don't. just keep the plugins where you've had them before and create the \plugin folder so that glnintendo can create the .ini file. the only thing that needs to be in \plugin folder is glnintendo().ini.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
ohh too late

I already messed up my folders....

Well then back again plugins!

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
zorbid said:
Try in 1964, this plugin seems to be more stable in 1964 than in pj64.

Orkin, do you test it with 1964 only?

not for me both crash when playing most games.... can't understand why :doh:

Kolano

The bit of the intro of Paper Mario shown in the attached image doesn't look right.

This is in PR64 using version .3.2b

Kolano

Load Save Game Bug

Trying tol load a saved game while in full screen mode in PJ64 causes an "Error while uncurentizing the OpenGL contect" error.:plain:

With PJ64 1.5, and glNintendo 0.3.2b

Allnatural

Good work so far Orkin, looks nice. Unfortunately, like many here, I share the crashing problem. I don't think there is any game that doesn't crash, usually after a few minutes of play, often when closing the emulator, and always when loading a save state. This is with PJ64. I haven't had time to test with 1964, and I'm reluctant to do so because the crash I refer to is a complete system lock-up. Reseting one's computer 4 times puts one off testing. :doh:

Anyway, video quality is very good (what I could see anyway). Keep coding. :)

specs

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
found another small glitch with zelda oot, the grass texture i have circled gets funny near the camera, in hyrule field and other places.

Damn i'm good at spotting the little things lol

Last edited:

CKDexterHave

I have a Radeon 9700 pro and the faces in Mario are messed up like everyone, however i have another problem. It always crashes when i try to use it with project 64, the error is something like "unable to create fullscreen context". In 1964 it runs fullscreen tho but with same problems everyone else has. Am i only one with the pj64 trouble. btw I've tried versions .3, .31 and the .32b one on the forums.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I have an idea for why the faces are messed up on Radeons, I'll make a few changes for v0.4 and see if it works better for Radeon users.

I've also noticed that using the start in fullscreen option in PJ64 causes problems, try disabling it. This issue will be fixed in v0.4.

Orkin

EDIT - oh yeah, I also moved config info to the registry, so folder locations won't be a problem anymore.

Last edited: