What's new

Game Settings

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Just wanted to say, that me and some others, are trying to gather up the best settings for games. This includes which plugin and which settíngs in the plugin you use. You may try on any emulator, as long as it supports zilmar spec (Pj64, 1964, uHLE 2064, Mupen64, etc).

The results may be posted here. The goal in this, is to create a large database of which is to be used to make sure the best out of the best is obtained when playing games on the n64 emulators.

This database can be used to build a stand-alone utility to prompt which plugin and settings you should use for which game. And more at that, but i won't say anymore ^^

Please contribute to the project that make the best for everyone!
When contributing, you may tell the compability only (with which emulator and plugin you got a game working) or you may post a full report (meaning, with which emulator and plugin it looks best!)

Oh and, you may try to find the best emulator for each game as well. With what core settings with it, too :)

Notes when contributing too:

* Please use the latest drivers, so that you will always get the same result.
* Please try ALL plugins and possible settings for the games and post the one you find best.
* Post your specs when contributing too! We wish to know what's best for diffrent cards as well!

As for a last note, you are not required to do this! We only ask you to take a little time and contribute a little.

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Sounds great. I'd be willing to pitch in.

How about posting a Word.doc or spreadsheet so that everyone who hands in information is doing so in the most orderly and readable fashion as possible? I can do testing, but I'm not all to sure about what all information you want totally. (ie. which ROM used (I assume it's Good name), ROM settings, which plugins and all their settings, which EMU used and all of it's settings, etc...)

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

We'll sipper up the information, put it into a summary and post it, so all can put their opinions and stuff. What we want, is the good name of course, which emu you use, which plugin and what settings. The emulator and plugin.

You can try to get the best possible configuration if you wish, or you may only try to get it working ok. That's up to you.
We'll submit info, as well. As soon as some has been posted, i (or someone) will summarize it.

And please make it the goodname so we can be sure it's really that rom!

Hey Doomulation, why don't you ask Martin to make a forum for this? If everyone posts his configuration, you'll get more than 1000 threads in different forums or a giant post with lots of replies.

Okay ontopic again:

Smash bros:

Jabo's d3d6 1.20b
Azimers audio 0.13b

Perfect dark:

Jabo's d3d6 1.5
Jabo's directsound 1.5 (for 1964 Azimer's audio 0.30)

Goldeneye 007 (1964 recommended!):

Jabo's d3d6 1.30
Azimer's audio 0.13b

Fzerox:

Jabo's d3d 1.5
Azimer's audio 0.13b

Mario64:

Jabo's 1.30
Azimer's audio 0.13b

Last edited:

Plisco

Sevillian
I'll also be willing to help Doom :) . Who else is working with you...if you dont mind me asking.BTW Mighty Rocket for Goldeneye why Jabo's d3d6 1.30

Clements

I'll chip in:
Unofficial Daedalus (Latest) for all 2D games (eg. MK Trilogy, Yoshi's Story etc.)

Paper Mario and F-Zero X: Glide64 + eVoodoo

Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK64 use Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5 and PJ64

Banjo Kazooie- use 1964 to sort timing error

Mortal Kombat 4- glNintendo64()

I almost forgot:

Mortal kombat trilogy:

Ultra/Suprahle + glide wrapper gl2ide 1.6

edit: before Doom asks: Mortal kombat trilogy only runs fast with the uhle-series, with other emus it's running too slow.

Last edited:
Plisco said:
I'll also be willing to help Doom :) . Who else is working with you...if you dont mind me asking.BTW Mighty Rocket for Goldeneye why Jabo's d3d6 1.30

That's the fastest plugin to get good graphics with goldeneye. If you use 1.5 you haven't got better graphics and the game is running slower.

Clements

You can see a flaw in what both I and mightyrocket are suggesting. I'm going for accuracy and mightyrocket is going for speed- both perfectly valid. Doomulation- you might have to take this factor into account as well :)

Plisco

Sevillian
Originally posted by mightyrocket
That's the fastest plugin to get good graphics with goldeneye. If you use 1.5 you haven't got better graphics and the game is running slower.

Not true with my specs....
Edit: Suggestion why not for each game have a best settings for under 1 ghz and above 1ghz??

Last edited:
Plisco said:
Not true with my specs....
Edit: Suggestion why not for each game have a best settings for under 1 ghz and above 1ghz??

That's a good idea, but it's difficult to do. 1 ghz with 1964 has a totally other speed than 1 ghz with mupen. I think it's better to create a database with the recommended emu+plugins for the game than only a database with plugins. Software that do this automatically should be great too, and if a game for example doesn't work on ultrahle, you'll be linked to another emu which supports that game!

scotty

The Great One
These lists edpend on processors:
For me this is what I use:
Turok(all Turoks for N64)
Project 64 V1.5
Jabo's defalut Plugins

Goldeneye (US)(I know its already there)
Jabo's D3D6 1.5
Jabo's Direct input
Azimers plugin (whatever one works good)

PD (U)(!) (V1.0):
same as goldeneye
(use Azimers .4 beta 2 for audio)

Donkey Kong 64(U)(!)
Project 64 1.5
default plugins
(counter Factor 4)(use Counter factor 5 after going into barrell shooting)(get into the first Barrell save in into PJ64, change it, reload it and go, then save it, go back to counter factor 4)

Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, F-Zero X
(both PJ64 and 1964 work well)
Jabo's Video plugin
(whatever audio or input plugin)

1080 Snowboarding(JU)(!)
Project 64
Default Plugins

What Im looking for are settings for Resident Evil 2 and Body Harvest(for Body Harvest, I also want the game settings)

scotty

The Great One
after posting my last message, I fell that if we had Smiff, or Jabo, Rice, Hacktarux or Icepir8 into this, there could be a good emulator where plugins would not be as much of a problem to change.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Ok, so when you test, tell us if you're aiming for speed or quality. Also tell if you tried other plugins so we know :)
I may tell you that it was ShadowPrince's idea. He's the headmaster as if to say.
I'm sure Martin or someone else will make a forum to this thread if necessary. It isn't so big yet :D

But it's great that you all help out :)

Have you already checked out my 1964 system-requirments list? If we put this projects together it will be the ultimate project for N64 emulation (excepting the emulators :D ).

Plisco

Sevillian
Doomulation said:
Ok, so when you test, tell us if you're aiming for speed or quality. Also tell if you tried other plugins so we know :)
I may tell you that it was ShadowPrince's idea. He's the headmaster as if to say.
I'm sure Martin or someone else will make a forum to this thread if necessary. It isn't so big yet :D

But it's great that you all help out :)
ShadowPrince is workin with you then. Cool. Thanks 4 that Doom