What's new

Conker's BFD - no ground textures

Rockymaru

When playing Conker's BFD, in nearly every level I've played so far, there are about 95% of ground textures missing.
Normally it's just a black space.

Also, when Conker runs, you notice from behind that his legs are missing. However, you can see his feet/shoes.

Overall, the game runs fine (60fps practically), w/ the exception of slow-downs at the beginning of cutscenes.

Does this happen to everyone playing Conker (using PJ64 1.3 I believe..or whatever the last public release was)? Does anyone have a solution?

My spec's are:

AMD 1.33GHz
256MB RAM
GeForce 2 400 MX

akadewboy

what do you mean by ground textures? Take some screenshots. The only thing wrong on mine is that the shadows are squares.

Pharmboy

I think it's a driver issue. It happens with all nvidia drivers before 10+ drivers. Download latest official drivers (23.11 drivers, but I would recommend former official 21.83 drivers)

boston

Pharmboy, can you give an address for a site that has the former official 21.83 drivers? - all sites that I've been to only have 23.11... which I am currently downloading.

Are there more bugs in the newer version?

boston

Nevermind - I must be blind - I only just spotted the 'Windows 95/98/Me Driver Archive' at nvidia.com in the driver section...

OP
R

Rockymaru

Well I actually just did update my nVidia drivers to the newest one about a month ago or a little less.
But the same problems occur: no ground textures. I mean, there's a ground there, but it's like a black hole...just a black ground.

I am also using the default plugins that came w/ PJ64's 1.3 release.
However I see the guys released 1.4. I'll try that. If same problems occur, anyone have an alt. suggestion?

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
I'm using PJ 1.4, with all the respective plugins, and everything works fine. The only small niggles are that some sprite animations seem to be visible through walls, but it's the minority of them. And there's some stuttering when loading cutscenes and areas. But the graphics are excellent, the sound is very good and I really can't see any glitches. :)

As for the setup:
1.2 Ghz AMD Athlon
256 RAM
Hercules GF2 64 GTS

OP
R

Rockymaru

Well I just tried PJ 1.4, still the same thing.
90% of the ground "textures" are black. Conker has no legs and this building is completely black w/ missing textures (some areas, in other words, are transparent).
The building I speak of is in the area where you have to bring the cheese to the rat/mouse. So it's pretty early on in the game.

Like I stated before I have the newest nVidia drivers, I'm running an AMD 1.33GHz processor w/ 256MB RAM and GeForce 400mx AGP.

RadeonUser

Could you post the settings you're using (graphics plugin)

I'm curious to see why this is happening, it does, however, seem like a graphics's card driver issue... Still, never know, you might have that one setting on that does this. :D

arman

my friend hade the same problem and he fixed it i just dont remember how.im gonna try to find out how

ComanderBlair

ohey, a console pyramid.

uhmm.....I'll take the cube :)

signed,

ComanderBlair

P.S. It's okay if you don't wanna give away the cube, then i'll have the Dreamcast plz *g*

eerrr....?

never mind.

TheLostMarioBro

Rockymaru said:
Well I just tried PJ 1.4, still the same thing.
90% of the ground "textures" are black. Conker has no legs and this building is completely black w/ missing textures (some areas, in other words, are transparent).
The building I speak of is in the area where you have to bring the cheese to the rat/mouse. So it's pretty early on in the game.

Like I stated before I have the newest nVidia drivers, I'm running an AMD 1.33GHz processor w/ 256MB RAM and GeForce 400mx AGP.

Hey Rockymaru, I have practically the same setup as you, only my g2 has a mx 200 chip, and I run conkers with no problem (the building in that farting rat area is solid too). Here's my setup up.

PJ 1.4 (worked with 1.3 too)
Directx version: 8.0
Card driver version: 21.83
Jabos Direct3D 7 plugin

Emulation
RSP Code Simulation: RSP SW 2.0X
Geometry Transforms: Internal
Textures Format: 16 and 32 bpp
Enable display list culling: checked
All rest unchecked

Advanced
Frame buffer emulation: None
Nothing checked

Hope that helps

The problems are in nvidia's drivers.DON'T use 23.11 they are crap,use only 21.83 or 12.41.The most right drivers for your card are 12.41.

Last edited: