What's new

TR64 Ogl Ver 0.7.8

jack

Hi, I think your plugins are great but I have one complaint and that is they're a bit on the slow side. Now I'm not suggesting that your plugins are bad or anything, but when MarioKart can't run at 60fps on a P3 geforce2mx, I think there's something wrong here. Compared to jabo, I estimate your ogl plugin to be about 15 frames slower. I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that ogl was faster than directx. Why is your ogl plugin slower than jabo directx? Perhaps it's a texture caching problem? I notice alot of stutters MarioKart.

If it's not too much to ask, can you please focus in the speed department and or perhaps look at the 1964 ogl for examples to speed up the plugins. Their methods are extremely good for speed I notice. Good luck and thanks.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
jack,

The "60 FPS" you see with Project64 and 1964
are VIs, *not* the true FPS.

VI stands for "vertical interrupt", which is how many cycles
the monitor draws the GFX. For NTSC, it's 60 VIs and
for PAL, it's 50 VIs.

Nintendo 64 games usually run at 30 FPS.

40 VIs would be equivalent to approximately 15 or 20 FPS.

20 VIs would be equivalent to approximately 8 FPS.:cry:

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, this very much depends on the game, and this may vary from place to place. But as said, you're probably looking at the ftp (how many times per second the screen is updated), not the actually speed (VI/s -- vertical interupts per second).

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Uh how do I dump textures and verts? with this plugin?? (people are mention this is possible don't give anyone a clue as to how to do so)

Doomulation

Look at emutalk's download archive. You'll find icepir's "dumping" plugin i think. It dumps the textures automatically if i'm not wrong.

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
Doomulation said:
Look at emutalk's download archive. You'll find icepir's "dumping" plugin i think. It dumps the textures automatically if i'm not wrong.

Good boy! :D :happy:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Doomulation said:

OH crap theres a download archive!! thanks man!!...... am gonna check it out now ... ill post if I have any probs with it :happy:

edit: uh how do I get it to work? Do I have to use tr 64 for it to work? and can I dump verts with it?

Last edited:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
I tried using it with pj 64 1.5 beta 1, um I don't think it dumped the textures :/.... where is it suppose to dump the textures? and what format??? is it the pj64.cache file??... ..

OP
icepir8

icepir8

You need to make a directory called "Tiles" in the PJ64 1.5 directory. I saves the textures as bmp files.

ShadowPrince

Doomulation said:
Well, this very much depends on the game, and this may vary from place to place. But as said, you're probably looking at the *FTP* (how many times per second the screen is updated), not the actually speed (VI/s -- vertical interupts per second).

I'm confused,you mean http ?:)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
uh, ok

well, lesse. I think it could be FPS (Frames per Second) which is the number of actual images that get flashed by your eyes, which actually consists of about 30 with NTSC (USA, some other places too, but I'm not sure what other ones) games, and 25 with PAL, which is the standard, AFAIRC, in japan and europe. This is not an indication that the game is running slow. it is designed to go at 25-30 fps, by the manufacturer. Any faster, the game is running faster than manufacturer specs (at least with n64 emulation)

with VI's, it's how many scans the console sends per second, which, with NTSC games, is 60 (each scan is 1/2 the image, giving you 60 V/I's a sec for 30 fps) or with PAL, it's 50 (giving you 50 V/I's a sec, for 25 fps).
I hope I've made something clear. if not, correct me.
--Karth

Doomulation

You're not right. Fps may vary from part to part, depending on how much the console is drawing. In games like f-zero x, the fps is actually equal to the vi/s. But the vi/s summary is correct, though.