What's new

TR64 Ogl Ver 0.7.7

icepir8

Here is a release so that no one will feel that Ogl has not been forgoten.

Better texture handling is the main thing with this one.

Clements

Now your talking! I prefer this to your D3D version! SM64 runs superb! Keep up the good work! :D

Knuckles

I don't know why, but, your OpenGL plugin runs like 3FPS in Mario64 and 1-2FPS in Perfect Dark... :ermm:
but your D3D version can run to 200fps in Mario64 and 180FPS in Perfect Dark in windowed mode :crazy:

And.... the only D3D plugins doing that..... really strange.

I have a TNT2... OpenGL is faster and better in PC games on this video card but with this plugins... no...

I just hope you will make your D3D plugin be good as you OpenGL one.

Plisco

Sevillian
Just when I was wondering what wod happen with you're ogl plugin you release another version:) :) . Keep it up Ice
:tr64:

ChaosBlade

My Heart Chose.. Revenge.
Yay, good work Ice !

I prefer OGL (nVidia cards ..) and its good to see my favorite OGL plugin isnt forgotten after all ;)

linker

Emutalk Member
scyther said:
I don't know why, but, your OpenGL plugin runs like 3FPS in Mario64 and 1-2FPS in Perfect Dark... :ermm:
but your D3D version can run to 200fps in Mario64 and 180FPS in Perfect Dark in windowed mode :crazy:

And.... the only D3D plugins doing that..... really strange.

I have a TNT2... OpenGL is faster and better in PC games on this video card but with this plugins... no...

I just hope you will make your D3D plugin be good as you OpenGL one.

Try changing your video drivers to an older version (29.xx). There is a bug with the new drivers - they use the "Disable support for enhanced CPU instruction sets" feature even if it is unchecked (i'm talking about 4x.xx and TNT2).

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Perfect Dark berzerkness with TR64 OGL GFX renderer plugin

If and when I shoot with the gun in Perfect Dark, where I shoot, instead of a hole, a Dolby Surround logo appears:

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Here's screenshot of Super Mario64 64 on Matrox G450, 1Ghz Athlon, 256Mb, Win2000. Bigger images still have borders and speed is horrible. Don't know really what's the problem, maybe ice you're using some features from newer specs than OGL 1.1 since i heard from somewhere that G450 doesn't support OGL later than 1.1 in hardware, but in software :( maybe that explains the speed.

OP
icepir8

icepir8

I use OGL 1.1 only no extension. I believe that you have a driver issue. If you were using Win9x-me I would reccomend trying GL Setup.

Here's screenshot of Super Mario64 64 on Matrox G450, 1Ghz Athlon, 256Mb, Win2000. Bigger images still have borders and speed is horrible. Don't know really what's the problem, maybe ice you're using some features from newer specs than OGL 1.1 since i heard from somewhere that G450 doesn't support OGL later than 1.1 in hardware, but in software maybe that explains the speed.

Or you are using an onboard soundcard :holiday: