February 12th, 2003, 23:26
Rice's Daedalus plugin 4.1.0 beta 1
Rice has released a new version of his Unofficial Daedalus plugin, bring the version up to 4.1.0 beta 1. His words:
I would like to release a new beta version 4.1.0 beta 1 as the conclusion of my working on DirectX part of this plugin.
After these DirectX combiner fixes, I hope this plugin should work much better for most video cards, not just for Geforce2 anymore.
- DirectX combiner is largely rewritten/enhanced. Now we have three DirectX combiners to choose.
Low end video cards - Onboard / RivaTNT / Intel 740i / G200
Middle end video cards - TNT / TNT2 / Rage128 / Voodoo
Higher end video cards - Geforce/Radeon
- DirectX combiner can be automatically selected, or manual selected
- Not using manual prepared DirectX combiner data anymore, all combiners data are generated dynamically by DirectX combiner compiler
- Tested with Rage128, Onboard, Geforce2, Geforce2Pro
- Some combiner fixes
- Implemented sprite2D functions, still not finished
- Bug fixes regarding texture loading and texture flags
- Faster speed
This is beta testing version, bug reports are welcomed.
1. zbuffer may not work on some Radeon cards with DirectX (I have no clue why zbuffer can not work as it works fine with Rage128)
2. OpenGL 1.2 and 1.3 Render engine/combiner does not work very well, need further debug
3. Texture losing problem with OpenGL, As far I know, OpenGL 1.1 works still fine.
Thanks Rice, and congrats on the release.
Download the file from this thread.
February 13th, 2003, 14:51
Tune-up your 3Dfx card
In this month February 2003, a new Glide3x.dll and Glide2x.dll for Voodoo 3/4/5 including V5 6000 has came with now SSE2 conpilation, support DXTC textures and more performance. This is like a "tune-up" for 3Dfx cards only, NO eVoodoo or glide wrappers.
For 3Dfx cards user, www.nforcefiles.net or www.voodoofiles.com go in 3rd party drivers and search for a GLIDE2x™ 2.61.00.2602 and GLIDE3x™ 3.10.00.2608 and the new Amigamerlin 2.5 SE for 2000/XP Voodoo 3/4/5 2.5 SE or for Win9x Amigamerlin 2.9 release for 3dfx Voodoo4/5 9x/ME 2.9
Last edited by CodeWarrior; February 13th, 2003 at 14:55.