What's new

Rice's Daedalus plugin 4.1.0 beta 1

Rice

Emulator Developer
Hello, guys

I would like to release a new beta version 4.1.0 beta 1 as the conclusion of my working on DirectX part of this plugin.

After these DirectX combiner fixes, I hope this plugin should work much better for most video cards, not just for Geforce2 anymore.

DirectX: (Correction, you need DirectX 8.1)
- DirectX combiner is largely rewritten/enhanced. Now we have three DirectX combiners to choose.
Low end video cards - Onboard / RivaTNT / Intel 740i / G200
Middle end video cards - TNT / TNT2 / Rage128 / Voodoo
Higher end video cards - Geforce/Radeon
- DirectX combiner can be automatically selected, or manual selected
- Not using manual prepared DirectX combiner data anymore, all combiners data are generated dynamically by DirectX combiner compiler
- Tested with Rage128, Onboard, Geforce2, Geforce2Pro

OpenGL:
- Some combiner fixes
- Implemented sprite2D functions, still not finished

Other changes:
- Bug fixes regarding texture loading and texture flags
- Faster speed

This is beta testing version, bug reports are welcomed.

Know problems:
1. zbuffer may not work on some Radeon cards with DirectX (I have no clue why zbuffer can not work as it works fine with Rage128)
2. OpenGL 1.2 and 1.3 Render engine/combiner does not work very well, need further debug
3. Texture losing problem with OpenGL, As far I know, OpenGL 1.1 works still fine.
4. Almost not working for Voodoo3 because voodoo3 only supports 16bit buffer.
5. Does not seem to work with DirectX9 because no one has evern tested with DirectX9. I don't see much reasons why someone wants to install DirectX9.

Rice

I have also posted the same DLL but built for DirectX 8.0a. If you only have DirectX 8.0 not 8.1, use this link instead of the file below.
.File for DirectX 8.0a, If you have DirectX 8.1, use the file below

===================
The attachment is for DirectX 8.1, it has been updated with a fix for low end video card combiner. It crashed for some low end video cards before

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
I have a Radeon 7000, how do I know if zbuffer is not working?

[edit] umm..forgot to say thx! :)

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
If it works fine for you, then you just don't have the problem.

If depth buffer / zbuffer does not work, you will see objects will overlapping each other.

Rice

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
CoDeX said:
not work to me :/

If you keep pressing the latest OS/drivers into your almost slowest PC, and never tell what's exact your problems, I don't think any new plugins will ever work for you.

MADrigal

G&W programmer
great!

Very nice to see you at work again, Rice! :) ...and I especially like the way you introduce all new features: it looks so "professional" heh!

One question: do you noticed more compatibility if compered to the previous versions? What should I expect to see working better than before? Or is it "just" a code clean-up release?

milen

Any chance that you will make the plugin to support 16bit depth precision. I have voodoo3 and hope it's not a hard work to be implemented.
Thanks!

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: great!

MADrigal said:
Very nice to see you at work again, Rice! :) ...and I especially like the way you introduce all new features: it looks so "professional" heh!

One question: do you noticed more compatibility if compered to the previous versions? What should I expect to see working better than before? Or is it "just" a code clean-up release?

I can say "YES", compatibility is much improved, not regarding game compatibility, but regarding with different video cards.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: Re: Rice's Daedalus plugin 4.1.0 beta 1

Doomulation said:
For Bra64 of course! :n64:
And those who wants the dx9 dsk, of course.

If I were author of Bra64, I will do it with DirectX 6 to make it more compatible with low end video cards which are targeted by Bra64.

Clements

Tried the Plugin with Mystical Ninja to see how well the plugin would cope (i.e. the "slow" issue) and still slows down, but not as much as Jabos. A seriously good plugin- Respectable with Mortal Kombat Trilogy as well.

How do you change the resolution? Its 'ghosted' when I use the config menu.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I'm only going to be testing 1 game at a time here, to start with, I choose Banjo-Tooie, one of the more complex and one of my more favourites:p

I've got 5 pics of bugs to show off here;

Heres the first:

White Sprites it looks like, this game uses lots of them, so they are rather important;

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The shoot-em-up area;

Some textures decide to change randomly it seems, sometimes it looks great others you get this horrid green thing on the wall :p

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Weird, when I read this signpost in the shoot-em-up area the textures on the wall go nuts, could be to do with the same thing as the last pic:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
more texture issues: as soon as you leave this building in world 1 this happens, after that they revert to normal, weird;

Apart from these issues, the game is emulated rather well if I do say so myself.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Re: Re: Rice's Daedalus plugin 4.1.0 beta 1

Rice said:
If I were author of Bra64, I will do it with DirectX 6 to make it more compatible with low end video cards which are targeted by Bra64.
It's targeted for low processor speed i suppose, but done is done.
And you'll probably need it for the future as well.