What's new

Best Input Plugin for N64/PSX Adapter

Curious

Hi All,

Which is the best input plugin for the N64/PSX Adapter.

My N64 Controller will not work with any of them. However my PSX controller does work perfectly with:

Def's N64 Direct Input Plugin v0.54

I thought N-Rage's DirectInput8 Plugin Version2 1.82 was meant to work but he will not.

I have a green N64 Control pad...maybe this is not supported by the N64/PSX adapter....However it is strange that the PSX controller will only work with Def's N64 Direct Input Plugin v0.54.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

C.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No, this should work with N-Rage's plugin! Are you sure it's calibrated properly and detected in the gamepad in the control panel?

OP
C

Curious

You know I didn't think to check:blush:

However it is peculiar that Def's N64 Direct Input Plugin v0.54
works perfectly for me without having to check the gaming options in the control panel.

Is the procedure for using N-Rage's DirectInput8 Plugin Version2 1.82 different than for other N64 input plugins?

Doomulation

Well, I don't know, but this is a procedure with most input plugins. Especially those which uses directinput.
So it's always good to make sure.

OP
C

Curious

Out of interest Doom. Are all N64 official control pads the same? The reason I ask is because of the details pertaining to the N64/PSX Adapter:

CONTROLLER COMPATIBILITY:
NINTENDO 64
MAKE: MODEL: INFO:
Nintendo Gray controller Works
Nintendo Black controller Works
Nintendo Purple controller Works
Nintendo Atomic series controller [Transparent casing] Does not work
Nintendo Yellow Unknown

Thanks,
C.

Doomulation

Generally, a n64 controller should always be the same. If one were diffrent, they would have to give out another updated system of the n64 and everyone would have to upgrade...do you think they would do that? Nah...i don't think so.

They should generally be about the same, although i cannot be sure of that.