What's new

Hey guys, need some help with Ultra HLE

Armistad

Hey guys, im just starting to learn about this n64 emulation stuff, i pretty much want an emulator to just run zelda: ocarina of time.

I have a PIII 900 mhz, 8mb ATI-Rage Mobility-M video card, 192 ram, 2gb of free space, Direct X 8.1, and Windows 98 Second Edition

I was asking some people on irc and they said UltraHLE runs Zelda the best, but i dont realy know how to set it up and that stuff.

So is my computer good enough to run Zelda without any serious graphical errors?? with sound? And how do i set up UltraHLE to run zelda, i heard you have to download a whole bunch of different things, any help would be appreciated. Also i was wondering what UltraHLE 2064 is??

thanks

Dominator

UHLE 2064 is an unofficial version of UHLE improving the emu a lot.
It can run Zelda OoT flawlessly on your machine without any additional program/plugin.

OP
A

Armistad

Dominator: it doesnt run Zelda close to flawlessly on my machine....when i run it with D3D the text is unreadable and just shows up in a white blur, if i run it with OpenGL i have tons of graphics problems. The closest i have gotten to actually running zelda on UltraHLE2064 has been when i use a glide wrapper and run it on glide. But even with sound off i get 20 fps at the most.

If you have any tips for speeding up or fixing those problems please tell me

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
To be honest, I think that if you could have used the original UltraHLE 1.0.0, then that would have been my preferred option.

However, to do that with your graphics card would require what you call a 'wrapper', a sort of add-on to enable your graphics card to work with the program.

As a result, I'd say that you might as well just use UltraHLE 2064, as that way you can just mix and match graphics plugins (that you can download from various internet sites) to see what suits your machine best.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Armistad said:
Dominator: it doesnt run Zelda close to flawlessly on my machine....when i run it with D3D the text is unreadable and just shows up in a white blur, if i run it with OpenGL i have tons of graphics problems. The closest i have gotten to actually running zelda on UltraHLE2064 has been when i use a glide wrapper and run it on glide. But even with sound off i get 20 fps at the most.

If you have any tips for speeding up or fixing those problems please tell me
I would believe your gfx card is poor. What's its name? And how many mb is it? 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, etc?