What's new

What happened to the old Ultrahle input plugin?

ComixManiac

The internal input plugin of Ultrahle was almost perfect! Almost because the buttons couldn't be changed from within the emulator. But the precise of the controller when you went to target something was perfect while in all the new input plugins (NRage's,Jabo's) the target is not perfect-it makes some little skips and you have to change the sensitivity to be more precise. Anyway i'm wondering why the internal Ultrahle input plugin was not included in Ultrahle 2064.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
ComixManiac said:
The internal input plugin of Ultrahle was almost perfect! Almost because the buttons couldn't be changed from within the emulator. But the precise of the controller when you went to target something was perfect while in all the new input plugins (NRage's,Jabo's) the target is not perfect-it makes some little skips and you have to change the sensitivity to be more precise. Anyway i'm wondering why the internal Ultrahle input plugin was not included in Ultrahle 2064.

Because overall N-Rage's plugin is vastly superior, and once you set up the sensitivity the way you like it, it is superior in every respect.

OP
C

ComixManiac

Well i didn't make myself very clear! Let's take for example zelda,if you want to make a perfect score in the shooting gallery you have to change the sensitivity but then you have to change it again because link moves really slow. If i remember well Ultrahle didn't have this problem. the problem is that i can not run it in XP to check the difference.

Dominator

"What happened to the old Ultrahle input plugin?"

Because our input Guru left the team too early, it's been removed.

OP
C

ComixManiac

Well then i hope that you will find another skilled input-programmer fast! Good luck unless of course you don't need one:)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
ComixManiac said:
Well i didn't make myself very clear! Let's take for example zelda,if you want to make a perfect score in the shooting gallery you have to change the sensitivity but then you have to change it again because link moves really slow. If i remember well Ultrahle didn't have this problem. the problem is that i can not run it in XP to check the difference.

Ya, but what do you want, you'd need a gamepad with an analog stick to not have to do that, end of story.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
modifiers... N-rage's plug has modifiers.. you should really read the manual before asking for something.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Smiff said:
modifiers... N-rage's plug has modifiers.. you should really read the manual before asking for something.
Yeah, but he was asking why the official uhle plugin wasn't there. He didn't ask about how to make it work with n-rage's.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
sure, but it looks like he didn't know he could do exactly what he wanted already. i think.

Last edited:
OP
C

ComixManiac

Indeed i didn't know that N-Rage's plugin has that power! But apart from that i asked because a good plugin was not included and that seemed strange to me..