What's new

Paper Mario Flashing.....

the_man4343

When i play Paper mario it is very slow when the transition from light to dark start like in the begining when you fall from the castle and goombaria finds you, well a little before she finds you the star spirits come down and the sky gets dark and i drop from like 40FPS down to like 5.8 its harsh but after its done it goes right back up, :).

But now back to the flashing, i am using 1964 by the way and when i get into the town and walk through it the screen flashes like crazy!!!! LITERALLY. It hurts the eyes after a while but yeah, i have tried jabo's 1.4 and 1.5 d3d7 plugins and it still does it i am going to try Project 64 V1.5 and see if it does it to but i would like to use 1964 because its a bit faster!

ALSO!!! I CANNOT GET DONKEY KONG 64 to work in 1964 even thought it says its playable, i run it and fps goes to 430+ but screen stays blank and nothing hapends and once again ive tried both jabo's plugins to no prevail, also then i tried turning on RSP
that helped but then it said that the n64 expansion pak was not detected and i need it to continue!

PLZ Help!

:1964:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The flickering is a known issue with the video card, there is no video plugin that doesn't do this.

Donkey Kong 64 is not really playable i never understood why it says it is, i'd say it was Almost playable, because it works like crap.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The flickering is due to the gfx plugin. I am told, however, that using 1964 & the unofficial daedalus plugin solves the flicker.
Also, using pj and cf set to 1, the flashing can be endured. It's only in special places, too.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Both unofficial Daedalus plugins and the latest Glide64 plugin should solve the flicking problem.

Doomulation

Rice said:
Both unofficial Daedalus plugins and the latest Glide64 plugin should solve the flicking problem.
Glide64 *without* eVoodoo, though, Rice. The flicker comes like hell later in the game with eVoodoo & Glide64 0.3

Rice

Emulator Developer
Doomulation said:
Glide64 *without* eVoodoo, though, Rice. The flicker comes like hell later in the game with eVoodoo & Glide64 0.3

Then I don't know. Dave told me he fixed it, maybe just for the beginning of the game.

pilm

for flickering, two things :

one : put the CF on 1

and/or

two : use the unofficial daedalus plugin and disable smart screen update.

Rice

Emulator Developer
pilm said:
for flickering, two things :

one : put the CF on 1

and/or

two : use the unofficial daedalus plugin and disable smart screen update.

As fas as I know and as I wrote the code, you should enable smart screen update in order to stop the flicking, this feature is designed right for this kind of problems.

You should enable the option when you start the emu, not during your play.

Doomulation

CpU MasteR said:
Glide64 (+ eVoodoo) = No Flickering (Almost ;))
Naw, not for Me :(
Flickers like Hell

EDIT: Works perfecly fine now!!!
Just remember to get newest Glide64 and set the buffer swap method to accordingly. Just hover over it to see what to select.
/me slaps his/her :)D) old computer!

EDIT2:
Huh? Where's the /me hack?
/me pokes Martin. :doh:

Last edited: