What's new

Emulator will not pop up in a window.

ricktheshark

Hi guys. This latest emulator (jnes.50) is great but I am having problems with it. It was working fine for a while when all of a sudden I can't open up the application anymore. It just puts a bar on the bottom of my screen and it won't pop open. I have redownloaded the emulator and reinstalled all the files but I still get the same thing. There is also I dude who posted below who had the same problems. THe bar can't be moved and will not pop open. Any help will be very much appreciated. I have windows ME and my system has alot of power and up to date drivers and the newest directx. Thanks guys.

OP
R

ricktheshark

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really love to get this emulator to work. I really liked it when it was working. Thanks.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
if you right-click on the entry in the task bar, a menu will popup allowing you to select "move" after which you can move the window if it is off screen using the keyboard

if anyone knows how to make this "offscreen" behavior happen, please let me know, i'd love to figure it out myself, never happened

alternatively, nagivate your registry editor (regedit.exe) to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Jabosoft \ Jnes and delete that key

OP
R

ricktheshark

Thanks Jabo, it's working now. However I am lost about what you said to do on this step: "alternatively, nagivate your registry editor (regedit.exe) to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Jabosoft \ Jnes and delete that key" All i did was follow the first thing you told me to do with my keyboard and it worked. I would like to know how to do that second part you mentioned to do. What editor do I use? Where do I get it? It was really weird. I believe this happened after I tried to play a game over kaillera. After I attempted to play, it wouldn't open up again. Thanks again.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
The windows registry is something beyond what I can really explain in a message board, if you are interested in it check out google and type "windows registry tutorials" or something of that nature, it should explain it a lot better, i really wouldnt worry about it anyway, it's just something developers and certain types of users like to look into to tweak programs and the operating system (dangerous stuff at times)

I'll have to have a look at kaillera sometime, thanks.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Start menu-->run-->type regedit and hit enter.
WARNING! Make sure to backup the registery before changing anything. Like mistake, etc. Deleting the key jabo mentioned, though, won't hurt the system.

Just take it easy and don't do anything else ;)