What's new

Zelda OOT block puzzle problem

straight

I'm doing the Forest Temple dungeon in Zelda OOT with UltraHLE Alpha. There's a room where you shoot a picture of a Poe, and get a bunch of blocks you're supposed to move to make the picture. You have to do it in a minute or so, or the blocks lift up and rotate.

Well, I make the picture, but nothing happens. The timer keeps ticking and when it reaches zero the blocks lift up and reset themselves again.

Is this an issue with UltraHLE? Or is there some step in the game I'm missing? I've consulted several walkthroughs, and they seem to say that as soon as I get the puzzle assembled, the Poe should come out and fight.

OP
straight

straight

euphoria said:
Check the ultra.ini for cheats. If i remember correctly there was a cheat for this problem.

I looked, and didn't see one that directly addressed the issue. Might enabling the "infinite time" cheat help?

Did someone move this post? I thought I'd put it in the general UHLE group, since I doubt it's a UHLE-Alpha-specific issue.

Knuckles

I dont' know, for me, I did it perfectly without any problems. Maybe a problem with the version of the game, i dont know, I'm using v1.0 (U) [!].

OP
straight

straight

euphoria said:
might you check it out help? ;)

I guess I was fishing to see if anyone knew which cheats might have a chance of helping. I don't see any in the ini that directly address the issue. That was just a guess; I tried it, and it didn't work.

And, Scyther, I'm using v1.0 (U) [!] as well.

Anton

I like beer
You just try several times until poe goes out
Number of attempts is infinite.
After 2-4 attempts it should work.
This is known uHle's bug.

OP
straight

straight

Thanks! I enabled the infinite time cheat and just kept re-arranging the blocks (I also wondered if maybe the graphics and the game were out of sync -- maybe what looked like a scrambled picture was what the game thought was the real one -- but that wasn't the problem).

So I made the picture, then made several "wrong" pictures, and when I got back around and assembled it right again, the Poe came out.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Now if only UHLE2064 can get all the graphics fixed for Zelda MM by the time I finish OOT! (Probably not a big challenge at the rate I'm going).

Last edited: