What's new

Bad News For Girigiri!!!!

2fast4u

jeez, thats sure some bad news :( so well never see the new release most likely which is a shame >_<

we gotta buy the programme from crber disk....

not exactly. satourne and sse are in progress and looking good.

OP
S

sukkie

Banned
noo... i am sure that u gotta buy from cyber disc sega! becuz from what i heard sega is buying out all the emulators and making it their own to get money... i am pretty sure that is what has happend to girigiri and ssf and also would happen to satourne, sse and azuco's genertaion 3 emulator... but then again i COULD be mistaken but i doubt that!

2fast4u

sukkie said:
noo... i am sure that u gotta buy from cyber disc sega! becuz from what i heard sega is buying out all the emulators and making it their own to get money... i am pretty sure that is what has happend to girigiri and ssf and also would happen to satourne, sse and azuco's genertaion 3 emulator... but then again i COULD be mistaken but i doubt that!

sega cannot "buy out" emulators, cuz they are freeware and no one ever made money from them.

MihoKiyo

The Lone Huntress
I guess Cyberdisc is okay...cept they have rental and not purchase. Darn it...I wanted to get Panzer Dragoon Zwei from them too

OP
S

sukkie

Banned
ooooo ok i get it now. but STILL... why on earth does giri giri have a link to cyberdick....???

2fast4u

hrm .. hard to tell id say. the translation is sorta uh ... rough :plain: what do the others think?

OP
S

sukkie

Banned
yeh i agree... i am sure they sold or sega bought them off em... like a psx emulator...forgot its name... i think its virtual coneticks? or some other emu???

Takashi

Actually KGen was bought by Sega and adapted to make PC versions of Genesis Sonic games... I found it fascinating that Sega is willing to pay the effort of programmers who only want to keep alive the classics.

As for GiriGiri's sake, the faulty translation is due to hard breaks in the text:

«For the last three years, many efforts have been made towards the realization of a Saturn emulador. It was no longer the situation where I could declare this emulator as being "my software". Therefore, I declare this website closed. Let's just pray everything progresses in the right way.»

It's still very ambiguous. His comment might be taken as that he got help from other people, or that he belive this was no longer "his program" but of someone else's.

Fact is that the Cyber's version of Panzer Dragoon Zwei only runs in hardware pretty steep... ie. 2Ghz PC, lots of mem... it's an emulator all right, and we all know reaching this stage of Saturn perfection is far from being easy ^^;

Btw, There are "trial" versions of some of the software they offer :

http://cyberdisc.zaq.ne.jp/catalog/otamesi.html

The first is a trial of Shining force III Episode 1... And you need their magical installer thingie.

OP
S

sukkie

Banned
yip u r right takashi cause the same has happened to virtual connectics...(could be a diff psx emu) that has been bought by the sony. i tried that trial version couple months ago and i DO have the magic installer thingie but it wont run... does it run for u takashi? and if so can u put like a screen shot or somthin on the net???

2fast4u

Takashi said:

«For the last three years, many efforts have been made towards the realization of a Saturn emulador. It was no longer the situation where I could declare this emulator as being "my software". Therefore, I declare this website closed. Let's just pray everything progresses in the right way.»

It's still very ambiguous. His comment might be taken as that he got help from other people, or that he belive this was no longer "his program" but of someone else's.

this is a little clearer now ..
probably proves sukkies point :plain:

watch me NOT buy cyberdisk tho

Takashi

I managed to install and run the main soft with no problems, but my current PC is a 200MMX with 64Mb, running WindowsXP. It's waaaay off their requrement specs for Saturn games. But, if you'd like, I can show you Typing Harrier or something :p

(anyway, if you're having problems, try setting your Locale settings (in Windows XP->Control Painel->Language->Advanced) to japanese, and installing the software on a NTFS partition)

More than an installer, that thingie is a Virtual Disk Emulator... Kinda like Daemon Tools, but without Windows interface... I'm curious if I can burn the trial Saturn versions in a CD, must try that when I get my cable download ratio reset ^^;

MihoKiyo

The Lone Huntress
While looking cool (Shining Force 3...leet), I think I'll wait till they offer a trial of Panzer Dragoon first before buying anything