What's new

Zelda64 - Freeze when hitting start

polarbear_ak

Hey Guys,
Well I was trying out this emulator on Zelda 64- the first one. and it runs excellent. Who ever did this did an excellent job on it. There is a problem though. After you are in the game a little bit and hit the start(return) sometimes it will bring it up but 90% of the time it will freeze right there, the music is still playing in the back ground. but it is very odd. Anyone know a fix for it?

I get the error on the debug output "Display list has too many errors"

Thanks to anyone who can help. Lets keep this program alive. It is damm good.

Polar~!

OP
P

polarbear_ak

System Specs-Sorry

Sorry guys forgot to include what I was running this on:
XP 2200+
512 DDR PC2700
Installed under c:\UHLE
GeForce3 TI 500
Polar~

OP
P

polarbear_ak

It is good

Hey I ran through those instructions and ran all those programs and it says the rom is good because it put it in the N64ren folder and put the [!] in the title.
Any other ideas. Anyone else having a problem?
Polar~!

OP
P

polarbear_ak

I tried running UltraHLE-Alpha and it does an excellent job emulating, excellent job with the audio. just when you hit the start it freaks out. When you run it on Nemu64 the graphics all all a bit off like the green suits they wear are white, the dirt is also white. but the start buttons works fine.
Polar

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
My bet this is an "unsupported" version of the rom. UltraHLE seem to have some limits on which it freezes emulation.

My suggestion:

Get another rom
OR
Go use another emulator :)/) like project64.

doggie

Banned
thanx polarbear_ak for your comments.. as this project has only really re-opened as such.. we have been working on the emulator.. so hopefully a new release will be out soon.. and maybe getting Zelda64 operating good for you :) .. though its ashame i haven't got any full n64 games myself. i could properly test:blush: will keep you posted:)

OP
P

polarbear_ak

Sounds Great

Hey Guys,
Well I know that this emulator is still in the works and it is not that important for me to play. I got a few n64 roms yet my n64 is kinda broken and just felt like playing a few was all. Would be happy to beta test the UltraHLE if anyone cares. It is a great program and runs roms excellent. Wish more were like this one. It does have bugs though. If I knew how to fix them I would try.
Keep up the good work UltraHLE Team :)
Polar~

OP
P

polarbear_ak

Ok can anyone tell me this one?
My roommate can run the emulator and the rom just fine on his PC, he is running an AMD 1000 w/ 512 PC133 and GeForce3 TI200 and it run it fine yet my AMD 2200+ w/ 512 DDR PC2700 and GeForce3 TI500 and it freeze when you hit start. Now I find that just odd, Any ideas?
Polar

doggie

Banned
umm.. ok well.. what are both of ur specs?

like operating system and so one
also what plugins are you running..

OP
P

polarbear_ak

We are both running windows XP Professional and we are running the basic keyboard plugin. I have not been able to find any video or audio plugins we are both using the defualt glide wrapper that came with the program. We have the latest updated Nvidia Drivers. I feel that it is the video card. His is a Geforce3 TI200 and mine is a Geforce3 TI500 we are going to swap tonight to see if that is the true problem.
Polar

OP
P

polarbear_ak

That just allows me to download all the input plugins, which I already have, this does not let me download any video or audio plugins. I tried all the input plugins already. Nothing made the game work.

doggie

Banned
well.. thats all i can offer for the time.. as my pc is in a few problems.. hopefuly tommorrow.. i might have some good news :)

OP
P

polarbear_ak

Ok that is fine, I am not in a big hurry to play it, just something that I would really like when it works. :) Keep up the good work UltraHLE Alpha TEAM!