What's new

Super Mario 64 - missing dissolve effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravihpa

I checked the Super Mario 64 rom using the GoodN64 and GoodWindows ...its all right....but when I play it on my Project64 1.5.....the list where it shows the status...displays under the Video Plugin.....missing dissolve effect.....I don't know what should I do.....thats the only problem I got.....

My PC configuration is...
Intel Celeron 700 mhz
Intel 810E motherboard....with inbuilt sound and video card
20 gb hard disk
128 SD ram
Windows ME
blah...blah...blah....

and soon (within a week) will be getting....
Intel P4 1700 mhz
Intel 845 Motherboard
40 GB 7200 RPM baracuda HDD
256 SD ram
Windows XP proffesional
(tell me if I should improve or add anything to this configuration for a better GAME PLAY.....coz I just love playing games on my PC and PS2)

The problem with Mario 64 is that.....bombobs are square in shape...well actually they are round but there is a square all around them....and when mario is running and stops with a slide....the dust getting up is all squares....and the trees are triangle shaped....please see pictures....

Allnatural

The "missing dissolve effect" refers to the Bowser/Peach painting within the first big star door. Nothing you can do to fix that.

The problems revealed by your screenshots are the result of bad video hardware. Read the help file. You could try the Glide64 (plugin) + eVoodoo (wrapper) combo in the meantime. It's known to benefit those with below-spec video hardware.

OP
R

ravihpa

Thanx Allnatural....I did what you said....I got the Glide64 and the evoodoo.......and its running and working perfectly...with all the fog effects...and all....its really very great....

thanx.....

and by the way.....I don't know much about the Video Cards you are talking about.......I am getting My Brand New Pentium 4 PC within this week.....so can ya suggest an ADD ON or something like that for my New PC so that I can enjoy better gaming on my PC.....like Video Cards or something....(please explain me a little bit.....)

Thanx in Advance....and really very Thanx for that reply....I really appreciate it.....:)

OP
R

ravihpa

Oh ya...one more thing....can you tell me something about ....normal-spec video hardware....i mean to say that what are the normal specifications of Video hardware required for a really very GOOD video game playing on PCs.....

For this same reason (software problems and hardware problems related to PCs), I bought the PS2.....just pop in the CD/DVD and off you go.....

Thanx in Advance.....

Allnatural

If you need to save money, a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 or Radeon 9500 will cost about $100 (US). Those are lower-end parts, but they should work well enough for most games. More money will get you a better card of course, but whether you need it or not will be dictated by the games you play. Check the hardware sites and read some reviews. :)

Geoz

De Master
:plain: it tells me there is a dissolve effect missing but it also states thats its a region issue! (highlighted blue)
Geoz:)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Gah... you can't get a GF4 Ti4200 or Radeon 9500 for $100. o.o;

Recommendations... probably a Radeon 8500LE (preferred) or a Radeon 9000Pro. Those should cost right around the $100 mark, maybe slightly higher.

Allnatural

Tagrineth said:
Gah... you can't get a GF4 Ti4200 or Radeon 9500 for $100. o.o
You can if you look hard enough. I'm talking about online prices of course, OEM parts typically.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Allnatural said:
You can if you look hard enough. I'm talking about online prices of course, OEM parts typically.

Yeah well I don't count OEM online, especially when talking to someone who doesn't even know what a vid card will end up doing for him ;)

yHeadShot147

I went in the rooms folder, clicked on the room and I placed it with right mouse but

I checked the Super Mario 64 rom using the GoodN64 and GoodWindows ...its all right....but when I play it on my Project64 1.5.....the list where it shows the status...displays under the Video Plugin.....missing dissolve effect.....I don't know what should I do.....thats the only problem I got.....

My PC configuration is...
Intel Celeron 700 mhz
Intel 810E motherboard....with inbuilt sound and video card
20 gb hard disk
128 SD ram
Windows ME
blah...blah...blah....

and soon (within a week) will be getting....
Intel P4 1700 mhz
Intel 845 Motherboard
40 GB 7200 RPM baracuda HDD
256 SD ram
Windows XP proffesional
(tell me if I should improve or add anything to this configuration for a better GAME PLAY.....coz I just love playing games on my PC and PS2)

The problem with Mario 64 is that.....bombobs are square in shape...well actually they are round but there is a square all around them....and when mario is running and stops with a slide....the dust getting up is all squares....and the trees are triangle shaped....please see pictures....[/

I went in the rooms folder, clicked on the room and I placed it with right mouse button, open with ... project64, it started right there

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
"I went in the rooms folder, clicked on the room and I placed it with right mouse button, open with ... project64, it started right there"

I believe it! :icecream:

Status
Not open for further replies.