What's new

are these bugs?

adi

get out of my house
After playing around with 1964's new release for a while, i've noticed some very strange things that never used to happen before:

Whenever I try to uninstall 1964 from the registry using the script provided, I get a message saying 'The specified file is not a registry script. You can import only registry files.'

Whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts, eg alt and enter, a message comes up saying '1964 has caused an error in 1964.exe'. This happens at random intervals, sometimes I can go fullscreen, sometimes the emulator brings up this error message.

When attempting to start up a rom, the message '1964 has caused an error in 1964.exe' comes up. Again, this is totally random and I have no idea why it happens. Sometimes I can play roms, sometimes I can't.

My specs are pretty similar to the test machine on the faq, and I've seen no mentions of these problems.

Can anyone help?

schibo

Emulator Developer
Hi theacj,

For the reg file, I assume Windows ME is similar to 98, in that the way i wrote the reg file won't work on these operating systems. We need to write a new .reg file to support them. Afaik, as far as i know, it will only work on 2000 and XP.

Full screen...yep it is quirky, we may release a patch for it soon..the issue is the graphics plugin is trying to update video during the switch.

The best way to avoid the "random crashes" when loading a new game is to close out 1964 before loading that new game...this has not been ironed out completely. But we'll sort it out

:alien:

schibo

abdulla

yup, that's my problem too, alt-enter and it says video screen failed to update most of the time, i have to alt-enter as soon as i start the game to avoid it screwing up