What's new

Netplay

Remote

I definetely would if I had the connection to back it up, I've never tried N64 netplay over the net... Tried it on my home LAN a couple of times, worked ok... With a little luck you might find someone to play with...

OP
ssjkorn87

ssjkorn87

Yea

Yeah, thanks for replying . The kailera servers are full of street fighter/ king of fighters player.... Oh well lol when someone is interrested just post :p

What kind of lag do you think occurs cos ive never seen much -remote :1964:

Acorn

Did an extensive bit of testing with this a while ago, I've got some docs from it somewhere. What to expect: Aside from the window focus, and the initial always out of sync problems which you can bypass (setting 1964 to auto go to full screen and forcing a connection interuption as soon as you start the game), they run at about 20fps on a 1.5mb/128kb cable connection, and 40fps on a 5mbs lan. After about 5 mins of gameplay time either way the games are unsyncable and kallaria disconnects from the server, meaning you get an error on the server, and the two games will keep playing as if the other player had stopped pressing buttons.

Basicly, its a good idea but for some reason with the n64 it doesn't work yet.

Your best bet is trying to play on a 10 or 100mbs lan.

OP
ssjkorn87

ssjkorn87

yeah

I have got a 10 mb Lan with three computers, It has been tempromental using Kailera to say the least. Anyone else like to spend a bit of time figuring out the best settings etc for keeping 1964 in sinc while online/ over lan?? I will if som1 else is interested. :)

LOKO

Acorn: Would you be able to post up a few of those docs, because i would really like to play some LAN mario party 4, but i always get the out of sync problem :(