What's new

Voodoo driver and compatiblity

verta

Voodoo 3456 drivers.

Ive put this driver set together from a few different sources. Glide2x and Glide3x dlls are from koolsmoky. Information for voodoo registry tweaks came from god, omega. amigamerlin driver sets and whatever I found on the web. The inf file is optimized for different cards. You can use 3danlzyer for t&l.

feedback would be great, but this doesnt mean, im supporting these.

2k/xp
http://www.pcpartsunlimited.net/v345.rar
[email protected]

Last edited:

MastaG

Thanks man.
I'm thinking of replacing my GeForce 2MX400 with my older 3dfx voodoo 3 agp 3000 because the geforce really had a low result in 3d mark. do those drivers work under XP?

crewde

would u consider this the best driver set currently available for my voodoo 3 2000 under xp? i was told amigamerlin 2.5 was the best to go with.. is that outddated? thanx in advance... u can never know with voodoo's anymore... i wish they would just continue making the drivers..

MastaG

But then again...
I cant play GTA3 on a voodoo3 card :(
Oh well that game was unstable anyhow.
I'll install the card now and try the drivers :D

MastaG said:
I'm thinking of replacing my GeForce 2MX400 with my older 3dfx voodoo 3 agp 3000

You'd better update your drivers of the geforce because voodoo3 doesn't support hardware T&L, but it's your choice.

MastaG

I did get more FPS with voodooo3.
Although i have the feeling this drivers arent that great.
I cant run Uhle2064 on glide mode
i/o error or something

MastaG

Sorry lemme be a little more detailed.

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
RAM: 512 DDR333
VIDEO: 3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP (using drivers from first post)
MB: Asus A7V333
SOUND: C-media built in
DesktopRes: 1024x768 16bit

Error message:
Error: Genport I/O initialization failure.

MastaG

I just found out it aint the drivers fault.
I tried PJ64 1.5 + Glide64 0.30 and it works great.
So the error must be caused by uhle2064.
I also tried using the glide64 plugin on uhle2064 that also didnt worked.

crewde

MastaG said:
I just found out it aint the drivers fault.
I tried PJ64 1.5 + Glide64 0.30 and it works great.
So the error must be caused by uhle2064.
I also tried using the glide64 plugin on uhle2064 that also didnt worked.

all of us voodoo 3 users on xp get the same error on uhle 2064... doesnt matter wat drivers u got.

OP
verta

verta

im playing with my voodo 3 in windows 98, lets see what results i get with the uhle glide plugin.

98 glide2x.dll version 2.61.00.0439 works "old/newer then the one included with uhle"
98 glide2x.dll version 2.61.00.2601 hangs "goes fullscreen shows black"
2k glide2x.dll version 2.61.00.0439 crashes 'next post."
2k glide2x.dll version 2.61.00.2601 hangs "goes fullscreen shows black"

2k glide2x.dll version 2.60.0.674 plays zelda mom perfect better then glide64, crashes on everything else.

Glide64 works prefectly with only zelda mom running 2.61.00.2601 just the annoying alt enter not working, but f12 does the same job. Must of the other games says access memory address blah blah and crashes.

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
The glide2x.dll file was provided by dominator, and you're right, he's using voodoo2. So if you have installed correctly your drivers and have glide2x.dll correctly installed in your system folder you should remove the dll that is in uhle2064 folder and it will prolly solve your problem.

Edit: or maybe i don't understand what's the actual problem.. if so, please describe again what it is.

Last edited:
OP
verta

verta

Heres some news, at least what i beleive. Dominator is using 2 voodoo cards sli with windows 98. Hes using very old vooodoo 2 drivers, I beleive thats why people with new cards are having problems. From the above information not all glide2x version work, so we should base the new code on the latest revisions, I recommend we stick with 2x 2601 and 3x 2606 because they were made because the older versions dont work right in 2k/xp.
We should all use one version of glide2x and 3x, so bug reports would be squished for everyone and we should expect peoples problems would be globally and not local.

The orginal gfx code in uhle, is what i beleived that made it not work with 2k/xp because the version of glide2x was used when 2/k and xp never came out. So there has to be some function where its getting hungup on. My reason for beleiving this is, uhle alpha and uhle just crash when i load a rom or hang.

If we all donate a little we can get dominator to upgrade to a voodoo 5, and then we'll get new dll for sure! =)

Abit kra7-133 @ 2100xp
IBM gxp 40gig hdd
Voodoo 5 5000agp
Windows 2000 Server sp4pre

Last edited:

Dominator

If we all donate a little we can get dominator to upgrade to a voodoo 5, and then we'll get new dll for sure! =)

Aprentice is right, if someone wishes to send a voodoo or money 4 voodoo to a team member, better send it to one of our Gfx/plugins gurus. Think about it, they worked out Glide without no glide cards ;)

OP
verta

verta

Does anyone still have a copy of these drivers that they can email me?

I would like to put them up on my website.