What's new

Linux version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z_God

Now that the source code to UltraHLE is availlable and people seem to be working with it, is there anyone working on a Linux version?

Has anyone tried the current version of UltraHLE2064 with Wine? The original version seemed to run pretty well in Linux.

Thanks in advance.

MastaG

Well I think it does but you wont be able to use JaboD3D 1.5
I have tested some stuff on wine and it runs most things fine as long as they are OpenGL based. I can UT at full speed + sound in wine using the opengl plugin :p. I'll try uhle2064 in a minute.

Trouwens uit welk gedeelte van Amersfoort kom je? Ik kom uit Kattebroek.

OP
Z

Z_God

I got it running with the UltraHLE video plug-in in OpenGL mode. I couldn't get the sound to work though. When I tried it in Windows 98, I also couldn't get the sound to work either so this might be an UltraHLE 2064 problem.
Unreal Tournament also has a Linux native version (ftp://ftp.lokigames.com/pub/patches/ut/), is there any reason to run it in Wine?

Ik zit in het Leuderkwartier.

MastaG

Not anymore...
I didnt knew there was an Linux patch for UT.
By the way. I got WineX which has D3d8 support.
It can even play gta3 and max payne on linux (plz dont tell me there was allready a patch for that). I'll upload it soon to www.Masta-G.tk

OP
Z

Z_God

How does UltraHLE 2064 work in the lastest WineX? I only tested with normal Wine.

GTA3 and Max Payne indeed do not have native Linux version that I know of.
GTA3 indeed runs pretty good in WineX. I haven't tried Max Payne yet.

Slougi

Z_God said:
How does UltraHLE 2064 work in the lastest WineX? I only tested with normal Wine.

GTA3 and Max Payne indeed do not have native Linux version that I know of.
GTA3 indeed runs pretty good in WineX. I haven't tried Max Payne yet.
It works pretty well inthe cvs version of WineX, except for the sound, which just won't work properly. I get strange stuttering and almost all sounds get cut off near the middle.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Slougi said:
It works pretty well inthe cvs version of WineX, except for the sound, which just won't work properly. I get strange stuttering and almost all sounds get cut off near the middle.
I don't think sound is going to get any better in the future, the WineX teram seems to focus nore on Deving to support more of D3D then DirectSount. Also its going to be interesting to see how DX9 throws off WineX's development... (!)

Slougi

Malcolm said:
I don't think sound is going to get any better in the future, the WineX teram seems to focus nore on Deving to support more of D3D then DirectSount. Also its going to be interesting to see how DX9 throws off WineX's development... (!)
Agreed, directsound seems to be a pretty low priority. Granted, it does work well in 90% of all cases...
As far as DX9 goes, until OGL2 is out there will be some problems I think. Then again, no dx9 games will be out any time soon. Maybe in two years or something.

adwin

Why would you want playing under winex when there are linux ports of ePSXe, PCSX, PCSX2, Mupen64, etc... ??

Status
Not open for further replies.