What's new

PS-PC usb converter problems

gozu

I bought a PS-PC usb converter (image attached) recently which I am using with a Dual Shock 2 pad.
It came with a floppy disk containing an .inf file in chineese which is intended for use with win98/me. The problem is it doesn't work with winXP. when I tried to install it. it simply says: installation failed.

After much time looking for a solution, i found another set of drivers (this time in english) that are obviously for the same converter. i downloaded them from this WEBPAGE : . But they give me the exact same error.

Now, winXP recognizes and installs the gamepad automatically but with some very important flaws:

the analog sticks are recognized as digital
the digital pad is recognized as independant buttons (not a problem on most emulators since they allow me to map them as I wish)
No mention of force feedback/vibration anywhere

So while I can still use my gamepad for many games, some of the best ones require analog and/or vibration (the n64 Zeldas for instance).

As I was searching for more information, i stumbled upon a WEBPAGE reviewing the adapter in which the reviewer stated that he could use all those functions using winXP and without the drivers.

So here I am asking for help. If any of you have the same converter and are using winXP, please share any relevant information you gathered with me. I'm really out of options.

Thank you for your time

Gozu

UPDATE: the analog IS working now. So the only thing left is the vibration.

Last edited: