What's new

Windows CD Key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

0N1 L1nK

Does anybody know how to find your Windows CD key? My thoughts are that it is somewhere in the "regedit" program. I dont actually have the Windows booklet with the CD key on it. No, its not pirated but i bought the computer as a whole system from a electronics shop a few years ago. They didn't provide me with the Windows booklet so that i could re-install Windows.
So until i can find my CD key i can't re-install Windows.

I understand if this thread is closed/deleted because of the potential pirating it can lead to if somebody replies with a way to find the CD key. Please do not flame, but instead post something a bit more helpful (i.e telling me that this is not an appropriate post).

Thnkx,

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
LOL, I had my finger on the ban button as I was reading this, I thought he was gonna ask for a CD Key after reading the title. I havent the foggiest how to get it out of the sytem after you have typed it in at the install. But I do have to lock this and I will tell you why. Assume you figure out how to do this and can get the CD key off the system, well a lot of places have public computers and you could easily go grab one from there, which is illegal. I'm not saying you would, and I really dont know if this should be locked or not, but when in doubt, I'm gonna close it for now. It may get re-opened later, I'll ask the rest of the staff and see what they think.

Status
Not open for further replies.