What's new

Perfect Dark aiming/calibration issue?

stonerdave

I've been a lurker here since last summer and have seen all my questions answered. Right now I am running 0.8.5 version with the new ini, with Jabo's D3D 1.7 and Azimer's 0.4 Beta2.

PD runs the best I've ever seen but still has one problem. When I aim, the gun shoots higher than what it really shows. So in order to shoot a bad guy in the head I have to aim at the waist.

So far I've tried all the input plugins, tried diff settings on each. 2 controllers, right now though I'm still using a kiky joy usb adaper with a PSX pad. All with this same problem. I tried running Goldeneye and it was fine, is it possible I have a bad rom? I think it is the Euro version of PD.

Here is a pic, as you can see the bullets are hitting the security camera, and I'm aimed below it...

0N1 L1nK

I think you should try some different video plugins. First try all the Jabo plugins (i think Jabo's D3D7 1.4 is one that you should definitely try). Otherwise you could try other video plugins.
If that doesnt work then it's probably something you checked/ticked in the plugin configuration, try using the default settings.
Also, try using Project64, it might help solve your problem.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
S

stonerdave

Hmmm. Oh yeah sorry I meant D3D7 1.4, I have tried D3D6 as well, same result. What other video plugins will work with PD for 1964? I will try some other input plugins as well, maybe there is a corrupt file somewhere. I will also set some of the configs to default in 1964, already installed it on a new system.

Lol, PJ64 runs the game without this problem but is a little laggy with framerates.

Has anyone else had issues with the Euro version of PD?

btw, thanks for the replies

Geoz

De Master
stonerdave said:
Hmmm. Oh yeah sorry I meant D3D7 1.4, I have tried D3D6 as well, same result. What other video plugins will work with PD for 1964? I will try some other input plugins as well, maybe there is a corrupt file somewhere. I will also set some of the configs to default in 1964, already installed it on a new system.

Lol, PJ64 runs the game without this problem but is a little laggy with framerates.

Has anyone else had issues with the Euro version of PD?

btw, thanks for the replies

:blush: i suppose so...my pd rom doesn't have any problems with 1964 when i ran it with the same setting apart from the camspy <_<
:1964: rulez man...

Geoz

De Master
:1964: i used jabo direct3D6 1.20b and it worked strange maybe it's my gfx card...^_^ doh!...

RJA

The PC Wiz
Read this:

***For all newbies--***

!!! Jabo's gfx pre 1.4 don't support Perfect Dark!!!

Otherwise, I would have not had to wait until December 25, 2001
to play Perfect Dark.

Last edited:

Geoz

De Master
:happy: :happy: :happy:
lol thats true... looks like ur going to have to use the inbuilt lazer aim...& turn off the green target in the inbuilt menu option:plain:
Geoz
:1964: Rulez man