What's new

ATI RAGE-PRO 128 (32mb) video card?

Megaman0k

Is there a solution to get major errors out of the video in direct 3D:1964: in 1964???
Well if there is please tell me.
(video hardware - ATI rage pro 128 (32mb - it came with my computer)
texturing , misc problems...
Thanks
CPU = P3 @ 766MHZ

OP
M

Megaman0k

Well I just discoved Glide 64 and Evoodoo On (monday dec 16) but i am playing and then it just gets so slow (Smash Bros. (U))
Do you know any thing about that ????

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
It will naturally be slower than jabo's because your card naturally supports direct3d, and the api calls can be pumped straight out your card, unlike with glide64+evoodoo because evoodoo has to translate those glide api calls into their D3D equivilents. This causes more stress, and more stress=worse speed. :cry:

mesman00

What's that...?
Mingo3k said:
nice explanation,
even tho i dont understand any of it lol
:emutalk: :1964:

it's actually really simple. There are three major graphic API's, D3D (Found in microsoft's direct x, this is what Jabo's plugin uses), OpenGL (this is the API icepir8 uses), and GLIDE (found only in 3dfx hardware, what Glide64 uses). There are a few others, but that's not important right now. Basically, since only 3dfx cards use the GLIDE API, we need to use a program so we can use software (in this case the Glide64 plugin) designed to work with the GLIDE API on video cards that don't support GLIDE. This is where GLIDE wrappers come into play. What the wrapper does is take the calls that the plugin makes to the GLIDE API, and translates them into calls to the D3D API. This way, GLIDE software can be used on video cards other than those made by 3dfx. However, as cooliscool said, this is at the expense of speed.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Super smash brothers is slow with eVoodoo, yes even on my machine :(
Have you tried other games? It should run somewhat decent.