What's new

What's so great about Project64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daemonspeed

I've tried Project64, and it seems to work okay, but some games run a lot slower on Project64 than 1964! I really like using 1964 better. Is there better compatibilty with Project64? It seems to be still on the top of the best emulators at NGemu.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
probably because of its sound plugin, which you can't use in 1964, even i think that sound plugin rocks :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Pj & 1964 has very similar compability. I've actually never seen a game that works on pj that doesn't work on 1964...but well i don't have many games.

And the second thing is that pj is more stable than 1964, but 1964 is much faster. :)
And the third, you can't use jabo's dsound plugins with it :(
That's about it.

:1964:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
there are some games that have their little quirks with 1964, like RidgeRacer64 for example. its very slow with 1964, while its emulated almost perfectly on pj64.

none of that really worries me though, as i have both emulators. Between them 90% of games are emulated well, so im happy:D

drew69

im a retard & cant spell
i just like its user frendley ness pj64 was the first emulator i had all though i have otheres thers a spechel place 4 pj64

Project 64 is more stable. If you have 1,5 ghz, pj64 is better. 1964 won't run perfect with sound (skips), even if you have 3,1 ghz!!!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
well, for the best 1964 experience, youll need a part of pj64 anyway. The jabo set of plugins is considered half of pj64 itself. so if you use 1964 with any of the jabo plugins, you are also using pj64.

:pj64:

Status
Not open for further replies.