What's new

Programming Forum

Eagle

aka Alshain
We need a forum for general programming questions, the Emu Coding forum doesnt fit that description much and Tech Talk is really more of a Hardware discussion place and Ive seen programming questions in Tech Talk, Talk of the Town, Waaay Off Topic, Website Corner, and several others. This forum might include the Emu Coding Forum as a sub-forum for more emu specific questions and in the main forum area we would discuss other aspects of C++, Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, and Java, and even Fortran, Cobol, Pascal or any of the older languages that people are still foolishly clinging to :p I'm sure we have plenty of resident programmers that would love to moderate including myself, and several of us could use the help including myself.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I vote to remove Emu Coding forum and just have Programming forum. There are too few people discussing strictly emu coding topics to create its own forum.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Azimer said:
I vote to remove Emu Coding forum and just have Programming forum. There are too few people discussing strictly emu coding topics to create its own forum.

Well thats sort of what I meant, except for the removing the old one. I think Cyberman didnt understand, or he was being fecicous, not sure which.

aprentice

How about we just remove the forum altogther and have a oh so dandy day, do de dum de do de dum.

j/k

in reality, not many people who visit this forum can code anyway, so whats the point of a programming forum in the first place? :shifty:

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
aprentice said:
How about we just remove the forum altogther and have a oh so dandy day, do de dum de do de dum.

j/k

in reality, not many people who visit this forum can code anyway, so whats the point of a programming forum in the first place? :shifty:

I take it you took a survey to find out who can code and who cant.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There are actually some questions about programming stuff. Mostly of which happens to end up in the emu coding forum.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
aprentice said:

j/k

I don't think it's a good idea to remove the emu coding forum it contains realy valuable information for plugin authors and other people.

I think it should be renamed to programming.

Martin

Administrator
Will rename it, I hope that suits everyone. :)
K, done. Moved it to General Discussion and added icepir8 as mod. :happy:

zorbid

The general discussion section is kinda crowded now.

I think you shold split and reorder the thing.

I'd suggest :

Technical stuff

- Programming
- Tech talk
- Website corner

General discussion:

- TotT
- Waaay off topic
- Gaming
- Suggestions
- IRC quotes

Emu64 related stuff

- News
- Reviews

It would make it clearer, especially for newcomers.

Last edited:
OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Martin said:
Will rename it, I hope that suits everyone. :)
K, done. Moved it to General Discussion and added icepir8 as mod. :happy:

What about me? :( I'm not much in C++ ..... yet. But I'm a M$ certified Visual Basic Programmer.

GuestX

Eagle said:
We need a forum for general programming questions, the Emu Coding forum doesnt fit that description much and Tech Talk is really more of a Hardware discussion place and Ive seen programming questions in Tech Talk, Talk of the Town, Waaay Off Topic, Website Corner, and several others. This forum might include the Emu Coding Forum as a sub-forum for more emu specific questions and in the main forum area we would discuss other aspects of C++, Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, and Java, and even Fortran, Cobol, Pascal or any of the older languages that people are still foolishly clinging to :p I'm sure we have plenty of resident programmers that would love to moderate including myself, and several of us could use the help including myself.

was a good idea, i wondered about the
Programming forum .:phone:

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
I'm still working on C++, I cant exactly learn it in a day.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Nah. Do something c++ specific requiring, like a music player like i'm doing. Referr to a manual and help to do the stuff & ask on the forum if there's something you don't know. You will get it overtime :)