What's new

Sound in 1964 - makes me cry ya know....

adi

get out of my house
Congrats on the new release guys, its quite amazing how big the leaps in speed and compatibility have occured.
My question is about which sound plugin to use. Azimers v0.30 (old driver) is very compatible, but crackles a lot. His newest plugin doesn't crackle, but then again, it doesnt work with a lot of games (eg conkers bad fur day). Is there something wrong in my settings?

Any help would be appreciated:

Tesla-Guy

??? you forgot to say your sound card, my friend. This is the most important. Also, did u try it with Jabo's DirectSound plugin?

hotshitu

Banned
Who yer calling "lame"? Freudian slips are cool, "my friend".
1964 with Jabo's sound freezes, and for obvious reasons and no, soundcard means dick in this case.

Jfletcher

Actually, for some reason Jabo's beta sound plugin makes 1964 freeze up. That's the only sound plugin that freezes though. All others work fine....

hotshitu

Banned
Jfletcher said:
Actually, for some reason Jabo's beta sound plugin makes 1964 freeze up. That's the only sound plugin that freezes though. All others work fine....

Readme.txt or FAQ or something. Jabo's plugin is not like other plugins. :alien: It has red sticker on it that says LLE or something

abdulla

jabo's directsound never works for me in 1964, does it have something to do with how in pj64 you have select audio hle in the dsp options before it processes sound?

Azimer

Emulator Developer
schibo... fyi (if you didn't know already), Jabo's audio plugin doesn't contain his RSP Recompiler. hence... it doesn't produce Audio in any emulator which doesn't process its own RSP.

OP
adi

adi

get out of my house
UMMMMMMMMMMMM........... Nice to see everyones getting excited over my post, but my question still hasn't been answered, so could someone please help me. For Tesla-guys information, I'm using a Via Ac97 chipset. Its directx compatible so I don't think the issues stem from that.

schibo

Emulator Developer
theacj,

I prefer to use Azimer's 0.30 (old driver). On my 600, i'll get occasional breaks in audio but it depends on the game. Overall it's great. Azi's .13 is faster but doesn't have as many features, i.e.: .13 doesn't have MP3 support

sk8bloke22

roll for life
theacj: theres nothing wrong. crackling is most probably worst if u hav a slow system, but really and truly, everything thats wrong with the audio plugins and this release has been discussed in this release.

just interested, wat games use mp3 audio?

Rice

Emulator Developer
Hey, sk8

I am just curious because I have got used to your old user name Robert. Is there a special meaning in your new name sk8bloke22?

Rice

OP
adi

adi

get out of my house
thanks schibo, and to sk8bloke, Conkers Bad Fur Day uses mp3 audio. The programmers wouldn't have been able to fit in all the speeches/music made by the ingame characters using normal methods.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
not special significance. basically when i did the registration last May, i rushed it and by accident used my real name instead of my usual screen name sk8bloke22. no real significance to sk8bloke22. its just my hotmail username, i usally always use it for msg boards, like how ppl use the same passwords in every registration. ive been sk8ing for like 6 yrs, and pretty much devoted to it, so i always use sk8ing names.

not the most exciting story :sleepy: :sleepy:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It is possible to make Audio super super fast. But at the cost of accurate emulation. But that is not your problem really. It comes from the lack of knowing what's REALLY going on with audio. That is why I decided to put off any work on any other emulation until Christmas. Please be patient. It took a while for all areas of emulation to perfect their audio. It's taking awhile for Jabo to perfect his graphics in all games. Just need to be patient for us to work out these things.