What's new

Demul news?

Animavicion

Hi, I wanted to know if there was some news about an update. There hasn't been in the main page since October 2013 but it looks like they are still working on the project since the main coder and a co-coder are still posting in the Russian demul forums from a relatively early date so I wanted to know if there was a post in some forum about a coder or someone related to the project talking about an update or some release date.

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Being mainly the dreamcast guy here! I do keep up-to date with everything dc related when i can, and unless its slipped past me i haven't heard anything, i have noticed that [MENTION=20440]CaH4e3[/MENTION] the dcemul author is fairly active on the mameworld forums, and looks like he's concentrating on naomi/atomiswave etc, but i'll post it when i see it :)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Hi, I wanted to know if there was some news about an update. There hasn't been in the main page since October 2013 but it looks like they are still working on the project since the main coder and a co-coder are still posting in the Russian demul forums from a relatively early date so I wanted to know if there was a post in some forum about a coder or someone related to the project talking about an update or some release date.

I am into it too but they are still active. When they release it then we will post here. Keep your eyes on it but they released Demul 0.582 WIP on 23 october 2013. The same for ePSXE hadn't updated for about 4 years then they finally released it. They have a life, you know. ;)

numanoid

I also just found out about this emulator and am interested if the development is still active.

However I noticed that the last change to the source on code.google (where the homepage links to) happened on Jul 12 2013 while the last release was on 23 October 2013, so I assume the source is outdated?
If so, is there a place where the source for the latest version can be obtained from?

spotanjo3

I also just found out about this emulator and am interested if the development is still active.

However I noticed that the last change to the source on code.google (where the homepage links to) happened on Jul 12 2013 while the last release was on 23 October 2013, so I assume the source is outdated?
If so, is there a place where the source for the latest version can be obtained from?

Remember, ePSXe team was still active but don't released emulator until 4 years later. Be patient. :)

Now, your answer is here. Well, to tell you what.. They are still working on it.. Just released the pics today. Here:

cracking DES is practical soulition to recover missing decryption keys

Shakatto Tambourine (Naomi)

122f9f65e3d0f57e00a30870e8de734d.png

c2a90a2081d227492ff4eeb7809900bf.png

e487fecded76f665aeb7f89bba30fa04.png

f338be9b90003acc52dcf0f14f0079dd.png

http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=503&sid=fc63485d73a5ac08d571068cf4e6d124&start=140

numanoid

Remember, ePSXe team was still active but don't released emulator until 4 years later. Be patient. :)

Now, your answer is here. Well, to tell you what.. They are still working on it.. Just released the pics today.
Thats great news, thanks for the link :)

However that didn't really anywer my question about where the latest source code can be obtained from (or if its even publicly accessible at this point in time).
Not that I'm planning to actively contribute to development right now but it helps to know that the possibility exists ;)

spotanjo3

Thats great news, thanks for the link :)

However that didn't really anywer my question about where the latest source code can be obtained from (or if its even publicly accessible at this point in time).
Not that I'm planning to actively contribute to development right now but it helps to know that the possibility exists ;)

No problem at all. :)

That's why I didn't answer your question about where the latest source code can be available for you or anybody.

It is best for you to ask them. After all, Demule is created by them. :)

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
There isn't any up to date source code available, otherwise you would most likely see daily git builds.