What's new

new super mario hdnes!

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
ok heres a present yes a current alpha wip to try

this isn't abandoned just took a break from this for a while, have to admit new cemu texture dumping might "inspire" me
Tell you what how about i include the last wip for you all to try, its as is, so some incomplete sprites errors.
Place the folder in the same rom directory as the game, and have the folder named as the rom, so in this case super mario bros.
Oh yes the final name is super mario redux :) (not the final logo)

- - - Updated - - -
feel free to tell me what you think, bare in mind that the emulator can crash with this, its random though

- - - Updated - - -

oh i forgot, this version does crash with Japanese rom of super mario bros, if theres a demand for it i'll do a japanese compatible version ok maybe does work, well if it doesn't work then tell me here :whistling

Attachments

• Super Mario Bros hd.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 265
  • 20160114181837X0000000088259.png
    20160114181837X0000000088259.png
    183.7 KB · Views: 828
Last edited:

BigKong

this isn't abandoned just took a break from this for a while, have to admit new cemu texture dumping might "inspire" me
Tell you what how about i include the last wip for you all to try, its as is, so some incomplete sprites errors.
Place the folder in the same rom directory as the game, and have the folder named as the rom, so in this case super mario bros.
Oh yes the final name is super mario redux :) (not the final logo)

- - - Updated - - -
feel free to tell me what you think, bare in mind that the emulator can crash with this, its random though

- - - Updated - - -

oh i forgot, this version does crash with Japanese rom of super mario bros, if theres a demand for it i'll do a japanese compatible version ok maybe does work, well if it doesn't work then tell me here :whistling

Looks great hope you'll make some texture pack for GBE+ later on.

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
as i say did take a break, but just noticed someone say about github.... https://github.com/lyonhrt so i'll be organizing there, nothing new and exciting yet, did notice some activity with [MENTION=113037]mkwong98[/MENTION] with his github so maybe something new and improved will happen there that will get me playing around with it.

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
a little update

Just a little update, not really much left to do, just little things, i updated this a while ago, and is on github but finally did this world, really scratching my head on the look for it!
And fyi this is now running on mesen, and due to its accuracy, plus with hdnes occasionally crashing (frustrating if your not sure if its the pack doing it, and also with development seemly stopped) so highly recommended nes emulator.

The glitches at the top with the numbers, is the only mesen bug, but also the way the nes works, i could do a fix in the pack but isn't too bad.

Download from https://github.com/lyonhrt/hdnes-projects

Attachments

• Super Mario Bros_007.png
    Super Mario Bros_007.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 479
  • Super Mario Bros_013.png
    Super Mario Bros_013.png
    145 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:
OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Super mario HD mesen release

Well been over a year since i did an update, it was an almost complete release, but life got in the way, but i've decided to release a new update, a bug fix, a version 1.1 to make use of the advanced features.

I'd like to say this is what it will feature, but its more of a wish list (based on ideas, and theory's, so hopefully i'll tick them all off the list!) :drool:

Improved animation, possibly will be a x2 release, as well as the original x4 release, this should help make things a little smoother, animation was clunky at the best of times
A variety of Backgrounds, possibly parallax, but most likely stationary due to issues having glitch free movement. This is the main bulk of the new version, i plan to have a variety, including up the vine, in the clouds, bonus room, night time, as well as castle and underground, and underwater.
New objects, still not sure if its possible, i have ideas to implement, but thats more of a wish list item
New port to mesen, i've started from the ground up, but used the tiles from the original
New sounds? if i have time, might be a graphics only pack.

i've included some shots of the wip backgrounds, i havn't ported much of the tiles yet, due to making sure i'm happy with them, but a release as soon as i'm happy with it

Attachments

• Super Mario Bros. (Japan, USA)_009.jpg
    Super Mario Bros. (Japan, USA)_009.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 344
  • Super Mario Bros. (Japan, USA)_010.jpg
    Super Mario Bros. (Japan, USA)_010.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 388
  • Super Mario Bros. (Japan, USA)_011.jpg
    Super Mario Bros. (Japan, USA)_011.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 343
  • Super Mario Bros. (Japan, USA)_013.jpg
    Super Mario Bros. (Japan, USA)_013.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Thanks, oh and a little teaser, might be a pack for toki, based on arcade version (not the switch) still lots to do, you'll see it here as a full release first :)