What's new

Duke Nukem 64 help

Vernos

Hello everybody so I was playing DN 64 on Project64 and I just found it UNCOMFORTABLE to play with a controller and I found out that you can play using a mouse so I already have N-Rage's plugin now how do I actually get the mouse to aim and look around ? Any help would be appreciated.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Set Nrage to use the mouse as a button.
Click on the command that you wish to modify, then move your mouse in the direction that you wish to assign.
attachment.php

OP
V

Vernos

Thanks man but is there anyway to make the right mouse button shoot ? It doesn't let me,Only the left works + It doesn't work right just looking around with the mouse is weird Is there like a specific setting I'm supposed to set ? I've seen this n64 range thing what does that do ?

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Anytime! Yes you may assign the mouse buttons by clicking on the controller button that you wish to assign then move the cursor and click.

I'm not sure, I've never used the mouse for a gamepad.
The range refers to the analog stick's deadzone.

OP
V

Vernos

Alright thanks again. Yeah I mean strafing up and down with the mouse doesn't seem right..it just looks like it has it's own animation.......Is there like a specific configuration to use with N64 Shooter games ?

mendus

[MENTION=112826]Vernos[/MENTION] The games were designed to be played with a controller, so if you use a mouse it won't be as smooth as a game designed to be played with a mouse. You can try the ingame options to see if any of those help you, but there is probably not much you can achieve.

I managed to play Turok 3 with an ASDW setup and mouse, and even if it wasn't perfect, it was playable.

OP
V

Vernos

I do have a controller but I still have that strafing up and down problem If I try to aim at a enemy that's flying it's not good