What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I see your point there Pokemaniac, I just asked because the first 5 version were worked and released here and the project moved for nearly 3 months.

P

Pokemaniacs

I see your point there Pokemaniac, I just asked because the first 5 version were worked and released here and the project moved for nearly 3 months.

I believe everyone wants to see a continuation of this thread(including myself).
Let the contributers decide if they want to continue posting their WIP masterpiece here.
It is really not important if they should move away from their existing "home" back to ET but their willingness to continue posting in this thread.

If there is enough high activity and interest shown in the new ET, I am sure they know where to display their "masterpiece" and get feedback.

typical example of forum member not helping with the cause.
Squall will probably "jump" at me.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dave

The whole point was to get the pack more active and get more people involved so a complete re texture would actually be possible. The problem is it was decided to move to N64Redux, which has 0 benefits. There are almost more people browsing the high res boards here at times then there are total registered members at N64Redux.

The forums also look clumsy are are littered with one guys ridiculous and annoying giant animated .gif ( Doesn't get lamer than Signatures ), so unsurprisingly, moving the project there has really put a nail in the coffin. More effort needs to be done promoting this thread, going out to Zelda/Nintendo/Gaming/Artist boards and bringing up the topic and linking them here. That's just my opinion.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the problem at the time was emutalk was as unstable as hell, making it not worth the risk posting links and new stuff in the thread here.

Martin

Administrator
The whole point was to get the pack more active and get more people involved so a complete re texture would actually be possible. The problem is it was decided to move to N64Redux, which has 0 benefits. There are almost more people browsing the high res boards here at times then there are total registered members at N64Redux.

The forums also look clumsy are are littered with one guys ridiculous and annoying giant animated .gif ( Doesn't get lamer than Signatures ), so unsurprisingly, moving the project there has really put a nail in the coffin. More effort needs to be done promoting this thread, going out to Zelda/Nintendo/Gaming/Artist boards and bringing up the topic and linking them here. That's just my opinion.

Yeah it needs some promoting. We've done a news post here, hopefully it'll bring some people back:

http://www.emulation64.com/view/1978/Come-get-some-texture-packages/

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Just thought i may as well post this here as well as on n64redux.com
Just redid two textures a made ages ago, i think they look nicer then what my old ones did. But thats not exactly really for me to judge
rawradwar.png

kanpuu

Gamer Junkie
in case anyone is having trouble with the game lair link i found a megaupload mirror. i didn't upload it i just found the link. (removed link due to megaupload being down now)

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Files have being reuplaoded and new links have being posted, this is a slightly newer version however I cant remember what has changed

kanpuu

Gamer Junkie
Another thing you may want to know (if anyone still reads this, i don't feel like making an n64redux account just to post this) there is a great project going on right now to create the communities idea of what the URA expansion of LOZOOT could have been like (for those who don't know this was the "complete" OOT that had to be cut down to size to fit into the cartridge after the n64dd was a failure) It stemmed from the discovery of the beta files, the discovery of old rooms that may have once been more (legends like unicorn fountain and the running man who can't be beat etc), the promises made and not delivered, Majora's mask, and the new advances made in rom hacking. It is called the URA project, many probably already know of it but if not here is the mini site http://uraproject.the-gcn.com/
within is information and sneak peaks. This has been in development for 2 years now, and shows promise. Many are skeptical, but it looks like this could be something.
IF it is released as a playable rom, then a re-texture of the URA in conjunction with the lozOOT Would finally make the series and story complete in my mind.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Another thing you may want to know (if anyone still reads this, i don't feel like making an n64redux account just to post this) there is a great project going on right now to create the communities idea of what the URA expansion of LOZOOT could have been like (for those who don't know this was the "complete" OOT that had to be cut down to size to fit into the cartridge after the n64dd was a failure) It stemmed from the discovery of the beta files, the discovery of old rooms that may have once been more (legends like unicorn fountain and the running man who can't be beat etc), the promises made and not delivered, Majora's mask, and the new advances made in rom hacking. It is called the URA project, many probably already know of it but if not here is the mini site http://uraproject.the-gcn.com/
within is information and sneak peaks. This has been in development for 2 years now, and shows promise. Many are skeptical, but it looks like this could be something.
IF it is released as a playable rom, then a re-texture of the URA in conjunction with the lozOOT Would finally make the series and story complete in my mind.
If you know Zeth and his background you wouldn't hope for any release in near future. Sorry, but as good as the project is looking and as much it promises I don't think it will fulfill anything...

kanpuu

Gamer Junkie
If you know Zeth and his background you wouldn't hope for any release in near future. Sorry, but as good as the project is looking and as much it promises I don't think it will fulfill anything...
ah.. ok.. i can still hope i guess

dazzy

NONE of the downloads work :/

two of them want me to pay for faster, without even giving me the chance to try free. FFFFFFUUUUU

OP
death--droid

death--droid

NONE of the downloads work :/

two of them want me to pay for faster, without even giving me the chance to try free. FFFFFFUUUUU
All linked downloads work fine and all have free access, I'm not sure what your on about.

Martin

Administrator
Yeah we don't have any premium content, just go ahead and download. As for the mirrors well they're file hosting sites so they're bound to trick you into signing up for faster download speeds. Many of them have a transfer limit too. We'll probably see more and more of those file hosting sites taken down though due to the Megaupload case.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
ok just checked and Wupload is broken, files within n64 textures are not archived right or something files are giving me 7zip issues.
downloading from depo-files and retrying.

ok depo works but textures load up to [609] then a c++ error pops up with bolt rice and glide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.