What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Pietschie & Bad Randolphs Super Smash Bros. HD

darkmischief

Hey! I got it to work. All I did was download Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.4 (https://ricevideo.bountysource.com/).

Frame rates were about 40, until I ticked [Try to use smaller textures (faster)] under Current Game Options.

Works like a charm!

Definitely a huge w00t for everything!

Oh and sorry if this is old news haha!

EDIT

This is old news, but for newcomers who dont want read the whole thread, Glide64 Napalm 1.22 works 10x better, (http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/files/Glide64_Napalm_PR1_2_2.zip) mainly because it texture caches. Somethings dont look right (pikachu has some mutated some stripes on his front, mario has 3 Ms on his cap), but it works amazingly. HUGE thanks to Randolph and Pietschie!

ss07.png

^^

NOTE: support gjtech and his push for rice video texture caching!

Last edited:

allmondjoy87

is this thread still alive? I'm having trouble loading this pack...

When I use mudlords rice plugin and the settings from the screen caps in this thread only some of the textures load (items and fireballs). In glide 64 none of them seem to load even though the dialog says loading textures before emulation... Could anyone provide a screen cap of settings in glide 64? could I be using the wrong version ROM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated this pack looks too good to be true!

OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

Use the latest version of Rice Video Plugin, you can get it here
When using Project64 and this version of Rice all texture load perfectly. In Glide 64 however I couldn't get it to work either. But there are a lot of different versions, maybe there is one which can handle the textures as well.

nth_derivative

Would anyone know why some of the stages are not using the high res graphics but some are? Example Hyrule and Mushroom kingdom are still low res but starfox and yoshi's story are using the higher res textures.

theluckyg85

Greetings from 2013.

Just wanted to say Thank you for all the work you did. The Rom plays pretty good on my year-old Galaxy Nexus running N64oid v2.7 which supports the high res textures. Been playing lots of this game as well as the high-res texture Mario 64 and Mario Kart HD on my 60" plasma via HDMI MHL adapter for the phone and 2 Bluetooth ps3 sixaxis controllers.

I was browsing through most of the pages in this thread and the links for the Menu fix are no longer available. If anyone would be so kind as to upload a .rar of their Smash Bros texture directory if they have the minor fix, I would greatly appreciate it.

S3bish

Hey guys, this stuff never gets old so i would like to ask smth too.

First i would like to get the MenuFix too :)

Second i seem to need help to run this properly.

My Config: Windows 8, Xbox Controller + Project64 1.6 (+ Patch) + RiceVideoPlugin 6.1.4 + Smash Brothers Pal + Hi-Res Textures

It works, all textures are loading properly and it can be played, but randomly crashes ingame. It laggs in menu sometimes, but crashes only ingame. I really would like to raise the stability.
Is there a better working emulator for this texturepack? PJ64 2.0 did not work at all (crashed or didn't load roms even without new textures).

Friends from my old school and i are meeting regularly to play Smash Bros 64 and this would be awesome!

*Ich nehme Hilfe auch in Deutsch an :)

Greetings to all Smash friends in the world!

Edit1: Trying new found community version of Riceplugin.

Can the crashes be provoked by Antialiasing / to high resolution?

Edit2: I am using the community version of the RiceVideoPlugin now, which i cannot post here, because of senseless newbe limitations! With Antialiasing, FullHD and CacheTextures it did not crash until now. Perhaps it is luck, perhaps the solution :)

Last edited:

ppmeis

Hi all:

I know that this is an old thread, but I just try your amazing texture pack on latest Project64 2.1 with Glide64 and there's an amazing improvement! Almost all textures are loaded right now :D.

One question: Does anybody has a mirror link for the Smash Logo Fix? Or Could someone let me know how to fix it?

Thanks a lot :D.

Will47

I can see the intro, but I cant see any textures on the title screen. Just the fire in the background. And when I press start to continue, everything is black.

krimb1

Works great on Project64 2.1 with Glide64 default settings
Hi all:

I know that this is an old thread, but I just try your amazing texture pack on latest Project64 2.1 with Glide64 and there's an amazing improvement! Almost all textures are loaded right now :D.

I agree! Using default settings and in-game render is flawless. How wonderful!

Searching for "SMASH" menu fix after Megaupload takedown

Unfortunately, gitech's "SMASH" menu fix link is no longer available; neither are Bad Randolph's mirrors also. Would anyone with the fix be kind enough to zip and upload a copy of their SMASH BROTHERS\Title Screen folder?

Here are the the link posts that are not working:

(Repost so it's at the top of a page.)

Can anyone mirror this for ReplayTy and others who can't use megaupload?

I took some time today to fix the "SMASH" logo on the start screen for you guys.

These are free to use in anyway such as adding them to your next release and/or adding it to your first post for download.

Merry Christmas!

Download: SSB HD - SMASH textures fixed patch: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7CFA0ERW

Users: To add it to your existing pack just unzip it to your ...Plugin\hires_texture\SMASH BROTHERS\Title Screen folder to replace the existing "SMASH" folder. :)

PS: I get the correct Zelda Stage texture size (scaling) with Rice video.

Also, I noticed all the Yoshi's and their icon textures have the "same DRAM CRC" causing severe slowdown. Just another example of why we need a Texture Caching option in Rice Video. ;)

Screenshot:
3wu50.jpg

S3bish

Ein Hinweis zum Ende:

Ich habe es nun endlich geschafft, alles sauber (perfekt) zum laufen zu bekommen.
Ich nutze dafür Project64 2.1, Glide64 final, die HiRes Texturen und musste manuell Folgendes tun:

Öffne Project64/Project64.rdb. Suche die Einträge zu den Smash Brothers Versionen unter S.
Ändere die Einstellungen, wie folgt:

Linking=0
SMM-Cache=1
SMM-FUNC=1
SMM-PI DMA=1
SMM-Protect=0
SMM-TLB=1

Quelle: forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=3605

Linking musste ich dabei neu einfügen. Ich habe dies bei allen Versionen eingetragen.
Außerdem habe ich Texturen komprimieren im rechten Fenster des Grafikplugin aktiviert.

Für andere Spiele (und Packs) war dies nicht nötig. Mit dieser Zusammenstellung funktionieren sie alle perfekt. Kein Ruckler, kein Absturz.
(Ausgenommen Rouge Squadron & Pokemon Snap).

PS: Die Regelungen für Neulinge (Links) in diesem Forum sind immer noch eine Zumutung und völlig kontraproduktiv.

- - - Updated - - -

English Version:

If finally did it. Everything works flawless.
I use Project64 2.1, Glide64 final, the HiRes textures and needed to edit the following manually:

Open Project64/Project64.rdb. Search for Smash Brothers versions under S.
Change the settings like this:

Linking=0
SMM-Cache=1
SMM-FUNC=1
SMM-PI DMA=1
SMM-Protect=0
SMM-TLB=1

Source: forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=3605

I needed to add Linking. I did this for every version of Smash Brothers.
I also activated texture compression in the right window of the graphics plugin.
16:9 can be forced permanently by starting a rom, choosing settings, video plugin and use the new window.

For other packs and games this was not necessary. Every game works perfect with this configuration.
(Except for Rouge Squadron & Pokemon Snap).

Last edited:
OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

hello guys!

I haven't been around for quite a while but did check back today and was happy to see there is still life here from time to time.

Also thanks again for all the kind words and your praise. I looked for my files today and found the documents with the title screen. It wasn't the fixed one but I figured it out again and here it is:

4jj6ndgi.jpg

Download
Links broken and removed:

For me Rice Video 6.1.4 always worked perfectly but because it doesn't have a cache the stage Planet Zebes doesn't work. I haven't tried newer versions of Glide, but I used to have Glide Napalm 1.1 which did a similar good job and it has the important cache option. Another thing I remember is that you should have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 to prevent crashes. Thank you S3bish for posting the settings which will help people having the same problem with the pack :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Makarov

Texturer
Thanks Pietschie and Bas Randolphs For This Pack!Also See My Post anjo Tooie HD Have An Video of Chrono Trigger For N64!(I'm Tinking if Possible Add More Characters To SSB64 ?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Thanks for the update, this pack is amazing!

EDIT: I have taken the liberty to update the archive with this latest change.
The newer archive is smaller then the older one do to compression by WinRAR.

Last edited:

cakes044

Settings

English Version:

If finally did it. Everything works flawless.
I use Project64 2.1, Glide64 final, the HiRes textures and needed to edit the following manually:

Open Project64/Project64.rdb. Search for Smash Brothers versions under S.
Change the settings like this:

Source: PJ64-emu.com

I needed to add Linking. I did this for every version of Smash Brothers.
I also activated texture compression in the right window of the graphics plugin.
16:9 can be forced permanently by starting a rom, choosing settings, video plugin and use the new window.

For other packs and games this was not necessary. Every game works perfect with this configuration.
(Except for Rouge Squadron & Pokemon Snap).[/QUOTE]

When you say you have it working flawless, are you loading all the pokemon properly and mario/pikachu characters too? That is the only thing I have left to load properly.

Do you mind posting your exact glide settings please?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fanatic 64

You can configure Advanced Block Linking from the Project64 settings. I assume you set it to Off.
16:9 only forces horizontal stretching. It won't give you widescreen unless the game supports it and has it enabled.
Make sure you have Alternative CRC Calculation Off.

cakes044

Kind of stuffed the last post up my apologies, was a reply to S3bish's post earlier. I guess what I'm trying to find out if anyone has this HD texture pack working with everything loading like it is supposed to. I've tested over the last month, with both 1.6 and 2.1 and every GFX plugin with multiple different settings. The best I could do so far was Glide final with 2.1 but some level textures don't load (hyrule, 2 of the roofs don't load HD properly but it isn't really bothersome) and the pokemon from the poke balls and the ones that come out on the pokemon level. Also with mario's 3 M's on his head and pikachu 2 extra dots on his face.

mendus

The best I could do so far was Glide final with 2.1 but some level textures don't load (hyrule, 2 of the roofs don't load HD properly but it isn't really bothersome) and the pokemon from the poke balls and the ones that come out on the pokemon level. Also with mario's 3 M's on his head and pikachu 2 extra dots on his face.

The roofs are due to a problem with the plugin, so nothing to do there. However, the extra M and pikachu's cheek are due to the textures, so you could delete/rename them to use the low res ones if you would like. Or edit them, if you feel brave enough.

By the way, I noticed that yellow mario has a W instead of a M in the pack xD.

cartisdm

Thanks for the update, this pack is amazing!

EDIT: I have taken the liberty to update the archive with this latest change.
The newer archive is smaller then the older one do to compression by WinRAR.

I hate to bump and old post but I can't find the answer anywhere. I've downloaded the latest text pack from the archive but I still have a funky title screen. I've also noticed the pokemon that pop out of pokeballs are a little glitchy. In some googling I see mention of these issues but no resolution posted and the threads are all super old! Any ideas?

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I hate to bump and old post but I can't find the answer anywhere. I've downloaded the latest text pack from the archive but I still have a funky title screen. I've also noticed the pokemon that pop out of pokeballs are a little glitchy. In some googling I see these mention of these issues but no resolution posted and the threads are all super old! Any ideas?

Could you post a screen shot?