What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

What to do with a DAT file?

DDRPIP

The One and Only
I downloaded Djipi's new pack and extracted it.
I got a .DAT file.... I need to extract the files from it right?
I'm used to getting a folder holding the textures and throwing it in the hires folder, not getting a DAT file.
I've never used a DAT file so I have no idea what to do with it lol.
Sorry if this sounds noob-ish, but it has been at least 3-4 years since I've been here,
and I suspect things may have changed a little.
Thanks

Luna's Lama

The German Lama
You need (to create) a 'Cache' folder in the 'GFX' directory.
Like this: D:\Project64 1.7\Plugin\GFX\Cache
There you put your .DAT file and check the "Save texture cache to hard disk" option in the texture enhancement tab.
This should fix it :)

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
oh, that's different lol. So all the textures are in the DAT file and are simply loaded into the cache so it doesn't load all the textures when you start a game? (and potentially not load some like it used to do to me?)

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
I can't get the texture DAT file to load. Does it need to be the same name as the rom?
I put the DAT file in Project 64 1.6/Plugin/GFX/Cache like you said.
Also I checked save texture cache to hard disk option.
I tried dumping textures to see if it would create a new directory...nothin.
Using the latest Glide64 plugin

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
Do you still need the same directories associated with rice's plugin? I'm familiar with Rice's method.
As in, do I need the hires_texture directories associated with that plugin in order to load this DAT file?
This is very confusing and all of the guides sticky'ed are old guides I used years ago. I simply can't find info on how to use Glide and anyone who can give me some steps to get this thing working would be much appreciated.

D1n

Researcher
You are using project64 1.6 so the folder structure should look like this "Project 64 1.6/Plugin/Cache", without GFX.
GFX is for project64 1.7 ;)

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
Got it to work.
Thanks NES_player4LIFE!

Last edited:

Xenoris

NES_player4LIFE
The emulation 64 files aren't broken they just need to be joined with the program "file splitter and joiner".
After using that you can extract them. I would link you and explanation but i don't have the privliges.

FioccoDavena

I have the same problem, Glide64 doesn't load Djipis textures pack.
It's not clear how the user who opened this topic gets it to work.

My os is windows 7 and I use Project 64 1.6 emulator,
after installed the Glide64 plugin, I have created the Cache folder inside the Plugin folder with the following .dat files:
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_HIRESTEXTURES.dat
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_MEMORYCACHE.dat

I have downloaded the files multiple times from different sites to be sure it isn't their fault.
The "save texture cache to HD" option is checked.

I really don't konw what to do...

----------

edit:
Ok, I made it!

For those who have Windows 7 64-bit: Change Project64.exe compatibility mode to "Windows Vista SP2" (and be sure to run it as administrator) ;)

Last edited: