What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

fernan1234

I finally got around to playing MM with this great texture pack but was disappointed to find missing textures when using an NTSC version of the game. Particularly, I found all of the wall/floors textures in the first dungeon to be missing.

Has anyone worked on a personal NTSC fix of the game? I remember other people in this thread were clamoring for one. I know we already have the tools to decompress the .dat and modify the image names to make them work with NTSC, but I unfortunately have no knowledge of this matter. I'd really appreciate some help with this.

ababab777

[MENTION=53644]fernan1234[/MENTION]

the texture pack is for the European version. djipi has repeatedly denied requests such as yours to make an NTSC version of the texture pack. anyone who has made a personal NTSC pack is not allowed to share it here, so I wouldn't really bother asking.
[MENTION=13070]Djipi[/MENTION]

please fix the existing version of your texture packs. I am referring to the issue with the lens of truth, which is not present in the ocarina of time. It should be an easy fix for you (I don't know the details of how it works, but shouldn't you be able to copy over data from the ocarina of time texture pack, because the lens of truth are identical?)

fernan1234

Do you promise that you will not sue me this time?

And your texture cannot work. It is an JPEG and thus doesn't have any alpha channel. And I don't remember any JPEG loading code in GlideHQ...

Here is a patch like the one at the end of my tutorial "Remove broken Texture from Glide 64 .dat Texture Caches". But this time it adds my version of the texture.

https://mega.co.nz/#!xVdmDZyD!2awuTj9fg3OfHiNqUOlYW2OR_yjUmRE4Y3mtb3B0OF4

To apply it:

• Unpack my patch including all other files in this zip file
  • Unpack the dat files from the Djipi's MM texture pack into the same folder
  • Run the .bat file
  • Copy the patched dat files to the usual place

It is not really necessary to use the bat script. It is also possible to run xdelta(2) manually as explained in my other tutorial

Don't forget to change the preferences as LANdroid told us.

Here is an demonstation image. Ive added some rings in the middle to demonstrate the non-255 alpha pixel affect. You have the thin ring with a very small alpha value and on its edges you can see the not perfect 255 alpha values. And there on the edges you cannot see the Goron. This is the problem with your texture in the texture pack.

2ir6rrd.jpg

*Don't distribute the resulting dat files because Djipi doesn't want that*

Thanks so much for this, Moshroum. Do you happen to have or know of a patch like this to fix NTSC missing textures?

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=53644]fernan1234[/MENTION]

the texture pack is for the European version. djipi has repeatedly denied requests such as yours to make an NTSC version of the texture pack. anyone who has made a personal NTSC pack is not allowed to share it here, so I wouldn't really bother asking.
[MENTION=13070]Djipi[/MENTION]

please fix the existing version of your texture packs. I am referring to the issue with the lens of truth, which is not present in the ocarina of time. It should be an easy fix for you (I don't know the details of how it works, but shouldn't you be able to copy over data from the ocarina of time texture pack, because the lens of truth are identical?)

I actually read through this whole thread and did not see djipi denying an NTSC version. He simply did not want his pack being redistributed in decompressed form or used with Rice.

And I am not asking for a repackaged version of his pack. I am simply asking for a PATCH that can fix the NTSC problems.

ababab777

Sorry if I was wrong about djipi outright denying an NTSC version - haven't checked any of the relevant threads for a while. But it does seem like djipi isn't too interested?

Good luck, if you end up succeeding, I would be interested.

fernan1234

If at the very least someone had compiled a list of the textures that need to be renamed for NTSC, that would help a lot too.

The reasons to want to play NTSC are strong. Mainly the framerate, but also language options (it could be used with NTSC-J for Japanese language).

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
yeah if someone send me all texture that aren't in the pack i will make a new pack with NTSC texture^^

fernan1234

[MENTION=13070]Djipi[/MENTION], that would be great! I like your new 2015 pack a lot but I still prefer this one, I think you did a wonderful job with the Cel-shade style and I love how your color choices make the game feel so fresh and new. I just really hope we soon can play this pack in the best way possible (NTSC and with Lens of Truth fixes).

Thanks again for making this wonderful pack and your continued support.

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
as i said if someone give me the texture don't load from the NTSC version , i will do my best for you.

fernan1234

Actually after trying different things yesterday I was able to find a workaround for NTSC. It seems like the Gamecube Collector's version of Majora's Mask is much more similar to the PAL version as it seems to load all textures as expected (I actually am using the Japanese version but it should be the same as the US Gamecube version since they're both NTSC).

Also, I remember many people were reporting a problem with 3D models of some items showing in gray/silver. I had that problem too until I switched to an even older version of Glide: 'Napalm WX' release 1. With this version of Glide, all items show in the correct color.

Hopefully this information will be useful for people who begin to use this pack and can avoid the headache I went through. I actually see no downside to using the Gamecube version so far. At least for me it ran even smoother than N64 NTSC. I'll report on it more as I complete my 100% run of the game.

Last edited:

Amateraso

Hey! Awesome graphics, it's very fun! But I have one problem:
The "Zurück" and "Sichern"-Button is like in the original, as well are the location titles like "Kakariko". But actually I did nothing wrong in puting the textures in...
Help? :D

Sry, I can't post a screen cuz my post is denied then oO

EDIT: Oh just noticed, this is just in the german version, in the english version the textures are as in the pictures. It would be nice to fix this so I as a German could have that awesome textures :c

EDIT2: Some Item sprites are also didn't change, I think I did something wrong oO

Last edited:

Hamdan

Hi Djipi thank you, genuinely, seriously thank you for all the work you've put into this pack it is genuinely beautiful, I seriously love it.

Right now I'm playing through MM again but this time i'm using GlideN64 since it has both aspect ratio overriding and hi res textures.
GlideN64 uses .htc packs and not .dat packs so as a solution I unpacked the dat file and placed it as an uncompressed folder to use.
I followed LANdroid's guide to extract .dat texture packs and for the most part the glide64-cache-extract tool did it's job; But some textures are messed up.

Here's an example:
314as0p.jpg

Djipi Can you please upload a proper .htc version of the cell-shaded MM pack?
Or can you tell me another way of unpacking the .dat file so I can use it in GlideN64?

TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:

spearmintGum64

Please release a .htc version of the cell-shaded pack for both games. These packs are a legend on Internet and sadly the new Glide64 cannot read the old .dat format.

Thank you.

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Maybe i will do the .HTC version of cell shading version , maybe not. For now i do the 3DS Experience pack for MM.

Terrapin2190

Is there a Lens of Truth fix for this? I've searched and tried multiple configuration options and can't seem to get invisible objects to show up when using the Lens of Truth.

This texture pack is amazing btw! Thanks Djipi for all the hard work you put into it!

Using MM 2011 Cell Mod btw.

topossss

You can play on android ?

EDIT:

Dijipi as I put the textures of zelda mupen 64 mm in the oot if I can

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Hi everybody :)

If you really want the HTC pack MM2011 or OOT2011, if you really want it , maybe i will do this for you soon ;)

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Thank you [MENTION=13070]Djipi[/MENTION] GlideN64 seems to be the new standard and it would be nice to bring your pack to it.
Please add the Lens of truth files as requested by others members earlier in the thread.