What's new

NDS2xGL a utility to double de nds window

Mysoft

ok... for those who want zoom and filter in the NO$GBA emulator i made this utility:
http://fileanchor.com/95263-d

and a screenshot is here:

that enabled 2x zoom and HQ2X filter for the emulator...
just extract the zip file into the emulator folder, for further information please see the readme =)

i'm planning to release a new version before the releseas of the us pokemon... but for now it is..

for the program to work you need to change the "GBA MODE" to "Vga (Poppy Bright)"

thkz ^^

Last edited:

Someone!

Hullo!
So THAT's how you use it...
Is it possible to make a version that rotates the screen for games like Hotel Dusk?

ajax1986

i'm planning to release a new version before the releseas of the us pokemon... but for now it is..

Do you mean a new version of the NO$GBA, like version 2.4b or 2.5? If that's the case i hope it makes pokemon a bit quicker. That would be great!

Someone!

Hullo!
No, he's not the creator of No$GBA. He means a new version of NDS2xGL
Also, thanks, Mysoft! Hope you release it.

Ody

Is there a way to have it run for GBA SP (Backlight) mode? VGA (poppy bright) is a little eye hurting for me.

OP
Mysoft

Mysoft

Finally a bigger screen. great work.
Does that program incrase the speed a bit or does it get slower because of it?

well... no$gba uses GDI that is a bit slower... i have to copy from the no$gba memory and then put on the OpenGL texture... in my system (amd 3200+ geforce fx7600) using 15bit on the emulador 16bit and 30fps on my program i get a little speed up (about 5-10%), my guess is that using on a dual core cpu get speed up will be more noticiable since the emulator uses one core and my program uses another ^^" but not more than 15% ... and in some systems the program tends to slowdown a bit again... 15% (with the right settings)
personally... i´m very satisfied with the result i got ^^

OP
Mysoft

Mysoft

Is there a way to have it run for GBA SP (Backlight) mode? VGA (poppy bright) is a little eye hurting for me.

yeah sure.. im dealing with this now, probabiliy in the next version i will not use one image do detect the buffer, but if i had to... i will add the detection with all gba modes ^^"

Last edited:

Ody

For the rest, your utility is very useful, especially when a DS screen is so small :rolleyes:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Keeps seeming to crash for me even when enabling VGA mode, shame really as this addon looks pretty good. Plus its annoying that I cant resize the screen usually

twinzonfir

Hey...Mysoft, Please answer. I have the following problem.

I extract the contents to my ds emu.

then i click on NDS2xGL2 file and it opens the following: (See Attachment)

Am i doing something wrong? Because my screen doesnt look like your screen. Thank for the help Mysoft.

Milo-

I have useless information
heh, nice work, works perfectly, I hope you add custom sizing in the future, still great work ;0

twinzonfir

Hey. Im having trouble using this program.

Milo, u said that "it works perfectly." How did you get it to work?

Can you post a step-by-step guide as to how to make this program work. Thans

Milo-

I only change the display mode to VGA but it seems like you have done that already, so, no idea what your problem may be, this may sound silly, but try changing your screen resolution and see if it works, I have this feeling it may be the problem.

Or just ask the program creator :p

OP
Mysoft

Mysoft

oh god ehuaehuea, ok there some problems with the program that deosnt run well in some computers, but i´m dealing with this, thks for the reports...

in the new version im changing many things to 'hopes' make the program working on every computer... the actual version doesnt work well under vista (thkz tommy), but the new one will be, just a little more...

things that im adding

fullscreen and the two windows doubled
u can configure de Nds2xl to change the no$gba config (save type) for the games
since the emulator doesnt have the automatic mode...
rotating screen for games that use the "book style"

sorry for the problems with the program i cant imagine that even after i had test it in many computers with success, those problems will happen =)

and i dont plan allow free resize of the window, isnt a good thing to do ^^"

Milo-

and i dont plan allow free resize of the window, isnt a good thing to do ^^"

Well, when I said Custom sizing, I actually meant something more like scales, like what VBA uses, those 2x 4x 8x things, but for each screen.

If that's still a no, it's still going to be great... fullscreen mode :V:party: