What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The new and improved Paper Mario project

OP
M

Mollymutt

Well, I actually found a font that I was going to use to redo all of the letters ingame. In fact, if I was going to really going to try to finish this pack, I was going to redo a lot of the textures that I did before. You need to look at the style of the textures in the pack. The Marios that I did look nothing like yours. All of the textures have to be uniform, or it'll look wierd. The colors need to be stronger, and my characters have a 5 pixel black outline around them.

Last edited:

PistonMiner

Well, I tried to imitate your style, but i did these textures pretty quick. There are still some white borders around them for example. But you must admit that it is not easy to imitate a style of a different person, that probably works with different tools in such a short period of time. I'm at the moment experimenting with colors, effects, lines, and so on. I am working on it to get it right.

PistonMiner

You probably use a sprite table. If you can send me that, we probably can make uniform textures. Youre right, probably only one person should work on a character. But i guess, it'll also look wierd if other textures dont have the same look. I looked at your textures, and some have a solid 5 pix border, some not. I guess you want do redo the ones that not have one. I tried making it look a little more like you, heres my result.

Attachments

• PAPER MARIO#EEF664FD#2#0#74D1211B_ciByRGBA.zip
    50.1 KB · Views: 125
OP
M

Mollymutt

Better. Do you know how to use the pen tool? Your textures will be much smoother looking if you use it. BTW, when you want to post pics, go advanced, and you can post textures without using a zip file.

OP
M

Mollymutt

There hasnt been any work done on this in a long time. There are too many textures for one person to do, and the other members of the team havent been heard from, so I doubt that this will get picked up again.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
There hasnt been any work done on this in a long time. There are too many textures for one person to do, and the other members of the team havent been heard from, so I doubt that this will get picked up again.
Would you allow your work to be compiled into a community pack?

OP
M

Mollymutt

I think it would be in bad taste if I just released all of the work done by other people without asking them first. I wouldn't necessarily be against it in principal, but I haven't seen or heard from any of the other people who made huge additions to this pack in years.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Okay, I honor that.
How about if other members were to add new files to the existing date, would you allow this approach?
This way all existing data would still remain solely with this pack but with active updates. As long as new data meets your quality requirements.

I will honor any answer but would hope to see this pack continued to near completion.

PistonMiner

Hey, do you plan on continueing this project at a certain point? I mean, its one of the best texturepacks for this game. And you said you dumped all textures, so why dont you upload all of the textures and mybe create an only archive for everyone to contribute? It could take some time, but i think it can be finished. What do you think mollymutt?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
[MENTION=23220]Mollymutt[/MENTION] Does the community pack contain all of the work from your revisions. I would like to remove older downloads and limit confusion.

OP
M

Mollymutt

They were never finished. This pack is very incomplete. The other contributors left the project, and it is just too much work for one person to tackle