What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V7

Lylat1an

I apologize if this belongs in another thread, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the texture pack.

What was the fix for items having no color when pulled from a chest and held above Link's head? I think I remember reading about it in the past but now i can't find it.

I'm using the Glide64 2.1.2.202 video plugin and the default RSP in Project64 2.3.2.202.

Last edited:

MajoraAKC

So I found a website that uses AI to enhance and upscale lowres images and tried it with the backdrop for Links House. I think it turned out quite nice! But would it be possible to add enhanced backdrops to the pack using this method?

Here's 3 images for comparison: https://imgur.com/a/uk63OwU
I got the original image from here https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Prerendered_Images
I've used both the "magic" option and "magic + enhanced" on one. The site in question is letsenhance.io but the problem is you need to be registred in order to use it and you only get 5 free uploads. To avoid spamming my own email I registred using an email from freedom.casa and it worked fine so it's pretty easy to bypass that.

What do you guys think?

Mollymutt

If you can convert the images to .png in the correct size, you should be able to use them in a pack. I don't have any real experience with glide, but with the old rice plugin, the backgrounds were made up with a bunch of random files that went together like a puzzle. If that's still the case, you'll need to use the high res easer program to number the files, so you know what order each file goes in. Looks good though.

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
So I found a website that uses AI to enhance and upscale lowres images and tried it with the backdrop for Links House.

Here's 3 images for comparison:
All things considered, that is an exceptional result... better than any free enhancement software or method that I have ever run across.

Using images from the original dump as a comparison, here is Link's bed:
LoZ OoT - Link's Bed Enhanced.png

The massive obstacle, however would be about how to put it back into the game when completed. Assuming the upscale was a perfect 4x size (for easy multiplying) there are two possibilities:
  1. All of the individual images are dumped from the ROM, sent through the site, and each is enhanced individually. PRO: If the completed files are each given the same name as their originals, then you could insert them immediately into the high res folder. CON: It is likely that, while the algorithms are smarter, it has to work the same way as all of the other enhancers by looking at several neighboring pixels and using them as a guide on what should or should not be done. This image may have worked so well because of its size. If the individual 32x16 pieces are used, though, they have almost no neighboring pixels and, while the images could still look improved, they may not tile well with each other, creating a different type of problem. Obviously this would be easy to test.
  2. Piece the small images together like a jigsaw puzzle, upload the single file, and then separate them again to their original files, making sure to give each the correct file name. PRO: It is likely that enhancement will be far superior to the other method. CON: A huge amount of work with a high probability of errors when trying to split images into their original file names. Creating just the bed above (four images with easy landmarks) took a bit if time, cropping in just the right places from your provided file. Doing this 1,000 times with wall pieces that all look the same.... I don't think that I want to take on that task.

Mollymutt

Thats where hires_easer comes in. It numbers the textures, so you know in which order they fit together. Then after you edit them, it puts them back together for you. It works very well. I used it for my SM64 backgrounds.

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
I knew that something like that existed, but I never knew what it was called.

*edit*
[Looking for info on HiResEaser]

So I find it, and, naturally, it is only for Photoshop CS3 or below, and I do not have that. (I use CS6 if I choose to not go with a different program.)

I thought that this was going to be easy. I would go inside of every "house" in Kokiri Forest, back ally of the Market, and in the Village, collect the dumped files from each, use HiResEaser to merge them (however that works) upscale on the site, split the textures again using HiResEaser, insert the new high res images, and in only a few minutes, voila! A lot better than nothing, since nothing has ever been done with those areas.

But no. I should have known it would not be that easy for me. There is always a wall in my way.

Last edited:

MajoraAKC

I've done some more research and apparently you can run your on AI in Linux(Ubuntu). I'm going to try to make it work. That would allow me to enhance them in a batch and it would save a lot of time. I'm also concidering paying for the WaifuX2-multi service if I can't make it on my own. The price is a little steep on Let's Enhance. The 1000 pic a month limit bothers me...

But if we can put them together and then enhance and split them when done that would indeed make think a lot easier.

Edit: I'm using this guide to do it on Ubuntu https://medium.com/machine-learning...ance-service-without-even-coding-3b6b31b0fa2e
So far I've gotten it to work partly. It gives me odd results and I'm not sure why. Here's what it looks like https://imgur.com/a/Q4wO3j9

Last edited:

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
I took MajoraAKC's image and split it into textures so that I could see it in-game for myself. Sure, the result is not ultra-HD like the rest of the textures in this project, but the difference is significant, and I would take this new set over the old one any day.

Here are two split-screen images showing the before and after:
LoZ OoT - Link's House Inside - Original & Enhanced split 1.png

LoZ OoT - Link's House Inside - Original & Enhanced split 2.png

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
I decided to do the Market as well while I was at it. Areas like the clouds did not turn out very well, but I am impressed by the results on the wall textures and background foliage against the walls and somewhat the brick path and stones. Again, certainly not as good as skilled recreation, but it looks to me like an improvement in some places.

(Any odd separations on the new images are a result of my not splitting textures perfectly in order ot save time.)

LoZ OoT - Market Day - Original & Enhanced split 1.png

I wish that some one other people would give feedback. Am I just biased because it is a new and different aproach, or does anyone else like the change?

Last edited:

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
I just ran across something unusual. On the screen that is the entrance to the market, there are at least four textures for the bottom left corner piece during the day. Even though they are all identical, they switch back and forth depending on Link's position. *scratches head*

----

On a different note, my reason for returning to this topic two weeks ago is that I found a few textures I created but forgot to release. I got sidetracked with MajoraAKC's interesting discovery . Hopefully I will release the textures today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
But it still won't load the "ocarina of time" text. Just Legend of Zelda. This is very confusing and frustrating! I'd rather use Glide because it fixes the problem with the moon, but either plugin I use has the problem with the title screen text. Very strange and unfortunate.

File structure might be the issue here: Confirmed

move THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#6B0DEDE8#4#1_all.png out of THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\Main Menu\Text\English\ and place it in THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\Main Menu\Logo\Text tiles\

the ALL and RGB need to be in the same directory.

unknown.png

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Someone has made a mistake with THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#DA15FBA3#4#0_all.png, this is actually an upper case character but it has been remade in lower case (this is the P on the PRESS START and naming screen.)

Resolved.

Sizes and positioning of A, C, J, and little k have been fixed.

positioning of i and l have been adjusted and little o has been remade so size is consistent

v and w need some attention, they are smaller than the other character set.

unknown.png

Last edited:

LuismaSP

I decided to do the Market as well while I was at it. Areas like the clouds did not turn out very well, but I am impressed by the results on the wall textures and background foliage against the walls and somewhat the brick path and stones. Again, certainly not as good as skilled recreation, but it looks to me like an improvement in some places.

(Any odd separations on the new images are a result of my not splitting textures perfectly in order ot save time.)

View attachment 40167

I wish that some one other people would give feedback. Am I just biased because it is a new and different aproach, or does anyone else like the change?

O man.. that´s a GREAT work, please, upload it to the current pack for everyone can use it :p

Hydef Hyrule

HD and beyond
Hey everybody, just wanted to say amazing work. I recently completed a playthrough on Dolphin that utilized a ported version of this texture pack and I was totally blown away. It blows Nintendos own 3DS version out of the water. I loved it so much that I made a promotional trailer for it:

I came around to you folks, the original authors, in a bit of a roundabout way, so I just added the credits as you have them listed in the OP to the video description, because you guys totally deserve it!

You have revitalized my all time favorite game! Thank you!

Lord_Flaya

Really nice texture pack. Really cool seeing folks showing love to these old masterpieces.

Best part of it: Thanks to this, my kids are enjoying N64 games as I did back in the day.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

[MENTION=42945]squall_leonhart[/MENTION], thank you for pointing out the various mistakes and the fixes for that, will implement them into my local copy, which i should really upload again soon as there are various changes in that version.
[MENTION=50457]hyde[/MENTION]f Hrule, good job at putting that video together, is quite interesting to actually see everything in one cohesive video, and interesting to see some of the work the Dolphin texture pack guys have completed.

It is very much appreciated that you made reference to all the original texture authors in your video description.

QuickBH

First I want to say great work. You've guys done the work I couldn't dream of doing and I greatly appreciate this. I love Ocarina of Time and want to do whatever I can to help out.

There are some inconsistencies I would like to patch up, however. (If not for others, than at least for myself) I'm wondering if there is a way for me to modify this texture pack for my own personal use. I know how to create textures from scratch but using it from a template such as this is something I've never done.:down:

Would greatly appreciate any response. Keep up the awesome job!

Snow

I'm sorta new here, but just wanted to say I absolutely love this pack! I used it years ago and it was such a breath of fresh air when playing, so I decided to pick it up again. Though I do have to ask, I have one particular issue that's a tad annoying. Items when picked up out of chests appears all metallic and have incorrect coloring. Is there anyway to fix it? I'm using Glide64 Final for my plugin if that helps also!