What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Majora's Mask N64HD Project Completed!

death--droid

Keep up the great work [MENTION=116669]Nerrel[/MENTION], you have been doing a fantastic job so far at retexturing Majoras Mask!

talker

This is looking stunning!
If you get the time, maybe you could post a short video with the improvements?

OP
N

Nerrel

Thank you all for the feedback! I've got two updates worth of stuff that I haven't had the time to share yet, but next week I should be able to show the swamp and some characters.

talker, I've been meaning to do a video of the first three day cycle for a while. I've mainly been waiting to get all of the textures a player will see in that first cycle done before doing it, a few main character textures are still left. I also want to do a video comparing the original vs MM3D, since a lot of people always seem surprised when they hear how much was altered and I'm not sure if all the downgrades in the remake are well known.

Nerd

Looking forward to the updates. I'm glad I haven't replayed Majoras Mask in well over 10 years, it'll be very nice playing it when this mod is finished :)

talker

talker, I've been meaning to do a video of the first three day cycle for a while. I've mainly been waiting to get all of the textures a player will see in that first cycle done before doing it, a few main character textures are still left. I also want to do a video comparing the original vs MM3D, since a lot of people always seem surprised when they hear how much was altered and I'm not sure if all the downgrades in the remake are well known.

Cool! Looking forward to see how it looks in action!
Yeah, the 3DS version kinda ruined the game in my opinion.

leevwj89

You are a rare talent!

I think you are talented at what you do and I hope you succeed in whatever you try to accomplish with this game and life. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are talented at what you do and I hope you succeed in whatever you try to accomplish with this game and life. :tup:

Out of curiosity...why are there two Tatls hovering in the air? Also, the doors, the HUD for the sun, day, and clock are bugged out too. I can test anything else and list my settings if need be. Thanks!!! :happy:

CPU: AMD 760k Quad Core 3.8 Ghz
Ram: 16 GB 1600 Mhz
GPU: GTX 970
PSU: 725 Watt

OP
N

Nerrel

This is my first real attempt to do any of the characters. The mappings are very limiting here, so it'll be tough to get too much closer to the art than this:

Deku Link- his hair isn't quite right yet

Skull Kid-

The Happy Mask Salesman- he's not all done yet, but most of the textures are there. It's hard to get a good view of the masks, so here are the textures themselves to compare with:

40336229520_5562f8e1d3_o.jpg

40336229370_0ab5bdae5d_o.jpg

27272363077_95005ce568_o.jpg

40336622890_ece54c51a5_o.jpg

40336622860_3da4bd3eb5_o.jpg

I dumped the models out of the game and managed to get them loaded into Blender, which apparently can't export them in a format that can be reinserted into the game? Hopefully at some point I'll be able to also work on the models, but for now I have no idea what I'm doing!
40336229580_6508190703_z.jpg

Next time will be the swamp, which is mostly done. Here's a little bit of the path in:

I think you are talented at what you do and I hope you succeed in whatever you try to accomplish with this game and life.

Out of curiosity...why are there two Tatls hovering in the air? Also, the doors, the HUD for the sun, day, and clock are bugged out too. I can test anything else and list my settings if need be. Thanks!!!

Thank you for that! Can you show me a screenshot of what you're talking about? If you're using GlideN64, the only real options that can cause problems with my texture pack are "use full transparency" (should be on) and convert to 16bpp (should be off).

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
This is my first real attempt to do any of the characters. The mappings are very limiting here, so it'll be tough to get too much closer to the art than this:

Deku Link- his hair isn't quite right yet

Skull Kid-

The Happy Mask Salesman- he's not all done yet, but most of the textures are there. It's hard to get a good view of the masks, so here are the textures themselves to compare with:

40336229520_5562f8e1d3_o.jpg

40336229370_0ab5bdae5d_o.jpg

27272363077_95005ce568_o.jpg

40336622890_ece54c51a5_o.jpg

40336622860_3da4bd3eb5_o.jpg

I dumped the models out of the game and managed to get them loaded into Blender, which apparently can't export them in a format that can be reinserted into the game? Hopefully at some point I'll be able to also work on the models, but for now I have no idea what I'm doing!
40336229580_6508190703_z.jpg

Next time will be the swamp, which is mostly done. Here's a little bit of the path in:

Thank you for that! Can you show me a screenshot of what you're talking about? If you're using GlideN64, the only real options that can cause problems with my texture pack are "use full transparency" (should be on) and convert to 16bpp (should be off).

Amazing.

leevwj89

Sorry for the late reply but here are the images!!!!

I think you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the finished product.:drool::drool::drool:

Here are the screenshots of my settings and gameplay:

I believe I have all of the settings which you stated, but you can double check to see if anything is off. Otherwise, the text seemed perfect. I just experienced other issues here and there (graphic-wise).

PJ64 v. 2.3.2.202

https://ibb.co/cvrRy8 (TEXT)
https://ibb.co/b4WDRJ
https://ibb.co/kRFwfd
https://ibb.co/b0y4Yy
https://ibb.co/hpj06J
https://ibb.co/harf6J
https://ibb.co/jnnL6J
https://ibb.co/fCHyty
https://ibb.co/mQ3hLd

Attachments

• Settings 1.png
    Settings 1.png
    17 KB · Views: 230
  • Settings 2.png
    Settings 2.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Settings 3.png
    Settings 3.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 209
  • Character Name Creation.png
    Character Name Creation.png
    519.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Fairies Doubled-Up.png
    Fairies Doubled-Up.png
    408.1 KB · Views: 185
  • Gameplay 1.png
    Gameplay 1.png
    903.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Gameplay 2.png
    Gameplay 2.png
    432.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Gameplay 3.png
    Gameplay 3.png
    495.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Gameplay 4.png
    Gameplay 4.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Tatlx2.png
    Tatlx2.png
    730.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
OP
N

Nerrel

Here are the screenshots of my settings and gameplay

Yikes, that's all pervasive. Almost half the textures are failing to load at all. The first thing I have to say is that I've been creating these textures for GlideN64 rather than the old Glide64 plugin, so I can only guarantee that they'll work there. That means I'm also using the filenames GlideN64 dumps with, which may not always be compatible with other plugins... I don't think there's any reason to use Glide64 at this point since GlideN64 has a ton of advantages, especially for this game (the point lighting was decoded and accurately implemented). If you can, give GlideN64 a try.

Otherwise, I don't have the old Glide64 plugin to test with, but I'd suspect the "rice texture format" setting may be the problem. Try changing it around (what other option is there?) and see if that works. Also, you shouldn't need HQ4x since you're running the game at 720p and the textures are drawn for at least double that res. If the above doesn't help, try disabling the compression and save to disk options (it's possible that you may need to patch your project64 exe to go over 2gb) and see if the problem goes away. Those are the only options that I can imagine causing an issue.

leevwj89

Attachments

• Funky Text.jpg
    Funky Text.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Graphic for buttons off.png
    Graphic for buttons off.png
    613.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Graphic.png
    Graphic.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
  • HUD Messed Up.png
    HUD Messed Up.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • Setting 1.png
    Setting 1.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Setting 2.png
    Setting 2.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Setting 3.png
    Setting 3.png
    17 KB · Views: 114
  • Setting 4.png
    Setting 4.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Setting 5.png
    Setting 5.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
OP
N

Nerrel

Do the default textures look correct when the pack is entirely disabled? And do other N64 texture packs work for you using the same settings?

There's nothing in your settings that would cause this... Using the same emulator, plugin, and settings, it all works on my end with Windows 10x64 and I haven't had anyone else report issues like this. It looks like you're running Windows XP, in which case maybe your OS is just too old to be compatible... Can you tell me what your system and OS are, and are you on the latest drivers? I probably won't be able to help you, but maybe someone else will be computer literate enough to figure out what the issue is.

leevwj89

Got it working!!!

I actually got it working by reinstalling Project64 v 2.3.2.202 and reinstalling GlideN64 v. 3.0. I turned all settings to default and, "Walaa...!", the graphics work. They look amazing by the way. Thank you for all of the help.

Windows OS: Windows 7 Ultimate (Fancy effects turned off which is why it looks like XP).
GPU: GTX 970 4GB
CPU: AMD 760K Quad-Core 3.8 Ghz
RAM: 16GB 1600 Mhz
HDD: 1TB 7200 RPM (I have a SSD but I'd rather save that space for important programs and etc.)
PSU: 725W

Also, all drivers were up to date. The issue was with Project64 and all of the tweaking I've done with it. I can't wait for your next texture repack!!!!!!:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

OP
N

Nerrel

I actually got it working by reinstalling Project64 v 2.3.2.202 and reinstalling GlideN64 v. 3.0. I turned all settings to default and, "Walaa...!", the graphics work. They look amazing by the way. Thank you for all of the help.
Glad to hear that it's fixed, I wonder what went wrong with Pj64 in the first place....

I finished the mask salesman, so here's The King to add to the pile:
41385340825_34d417b1c3_o.jpg

I updated his comparison pics. I tried to get around the bad seam on his necklace by trying something as similar to the art as the mapping allowed:

I didn't retexture his piano on the first run, so that was another thing I spent some time on:

Last edited:
OP
N

Nerrel

Part one of the swamp (part two will take a few days, not a month!):

That's one of the four branches nearly done; the only real work here now is the temple. I upgraded to a color accurate 1440p monitor (from a 1080p HDTV) this month and I'm pleased to see that the resolutions I've worked at are holding up, but from here I may go a little larger to make sure there's enough res for 4k. I've also been busy with video editing and have been doing a large project about the game, which I hope to share pretty soon. For part two I'm preparing the remaining textures in the Deku palace and "lost woods" area and will put together a video showing the textures in motion for once; that'll all *likely* be up this weekend along with an update of the demo pack. Hope you like it!

rizz768

Beautiful!

Southern Swamp is one of the most memorable and nostalgic locations in the game for me, you've recreated it faithfully and the textures that used to be too low-res to accurately recreate haven't lost their unique feel, well done. Those tree textures are absolutely incredible, the way the trees are hanging down in third from last screenshot compared to the stiff looking original is genius for aesthetics.