What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V7

budtz80

Any chance for a version that does not have the lines in the sky. Its fixed it seems but where can I download that version?

cheezer

Would anybody be so kind as to upload a packed .DAT file of this pack? I really want to use it but no matter what I can do I cannot get it to fully load. It always stops at 3257 textures. I see a couple page back somebody had the same issue, but I didn't see a solution, but I imagine an already packed DAT would load without problems. Already 4 gb patched project64. Although to the person above the skies are some of the textures that do load and I'm not seeing the lines issue...

As it is I'm using a hybrid I made myself of the V6 pack and Phantom7's old skyward sword pack, and the only reason I'm even doing that is because it's on a DAT that I packed years ago because back then I had the same issue and replacing alot of the textures with ones from a different pack was the only way I could get all (well, most) of them to load. I'm pretty happy with how that looks but it's not as gorgeous as this pack is, and there is a real odd issue where sometimes when you open the map it has the wrong dungeon name. (For example, the map for "Inside the Great Deku Tree" says "Inside Jabu-Jabu's palace. It's odd... the text that displays on the screen for a few seconds when you enter an area isn't affected) Don't know how I managed to pull that off.

Anyway sorry for rambling, but if anybody has loaded this pack successfully in their emulator and feels kind enough to upload the cache for it so it will load on mine, I'd appreciate it. If not no worries :)

Ronin

Any chance for a version that does not have the lines in the sky. Its fixed it seems but where can I download that version?

Sky fixed! View attachment Sky.7z

A user named Bighead over on the Dolphin emulation forum took on the enormous task of fixing all the sky textures but the hashes were for the Dolphin texture pack and therefore not compatible with the Project64 pack.
So I spent a few hours today backporting them to work with the GlideN64 plugin. I had to copy and paste the original hashes and apply them to his changes. In the process I noticed that about 10 sunrise/sunset textures were rotated 180 degrees the wrong way, this has been fixed as well.

A BIG thanks to [MENTION=18111]Bighead[/MENTION] for his work.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Would anybody be so kind as to upload a packed .DAT file of this pack? I really want to use it but no matter what I can do I cannot get it to fully load. It always stops at 3257 textures. I see a couple page back somebody had the same issue, but I didn't see a solution, but I imagine an already packed DAT would load without problems. Already 4 gb patched project64. Although to the person above the skies are some of the textures that do load and I'm not seeing the lines issue...

As it is I'm using a hybrid I made myself of the V6 pack and Phantom7's old skyward sword pack, and the only reason I'm even doing that is because it's on a DAT that I packed years ago because back then I had the same issue and replacing alot of the textures with ones from a different pack was the only way I could get all (well, most) of them to load. I'm pretty happy with how that looks but it's not as gorgeous as this pack is, and there is a real odd issue where sometimes when you open the map it has the wrong dungeon name. (For example, the map for "Inside the Great Deku Tree" says "Inside Jabu-Jabu's palace. It's odd... the text that displays on the screen for a few seconds when you enter an area isn't affected) Don't know how I managed to pull that off.

Anyway sorry for rambling, but if anybody has loaded this pack successfully in their emulator and feels kind enough to upload the cache for it so it will load on mine, I'd appreciate it. If not no worries :)
The thing is that this pack was built using Rice video Glide(N)64 will work but some textures may not be read correctly.

Sky fixed
Welcome!
Please attach your work by clicking the go advanced button and selecting Attachments. I should have mentioned this in the PM. :)

Last edited:

Ronin

The thing is that this pack was built using Rice video Glide(N)64 will work but some textures may not be read correctly.

Welcome!
Please attach your work by clicking the go advanced button and selecting Attachments. I should have mentioned this in the PM. :)

Thanks for all your help NES, I appreciate it!

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Sky fixed! View attachment 39915

A user named Bighead over on the Dolphin emulation forum took on the enormous task of fixing all the sky textures but the hashes were for the Gamecube Master Quest version and therefore not compatible with the N64 texture pack.
So I spent hours today backporting them to work with the GlideN64 plugin. I had to copy and paste the original hashes and apply them to his changes. In the process I noticed that about 10 sunrise/sunset textures were rotated 180 degrees the wrong way, this has been fixed as well.

A big thanks to Bighead for his work.

Glad you were able to get is uploaded. [MENTION=63162]death--droid[/MENTION] Please review.
[MENTION=115141]Ronin[/MENTION]
Without going into it to much Master Quest is in fact OOT rom version 1.3.

Ronin

Glad you were able to get is uploaded. [MENTION=63162]death--droid[/MENTION] Please review.
[MENTION=115141]Ronin[/MENTION]
Without going into it to much Master Quest is in fact OOT rom version 1.3.

Ah I see, I just assumed the hash codes were console specific. So would they be emulator specific and that's why there is a difference in the texture names between the Project64 and Dolphin pack?

budtz80

Sky fixed! View attachment 39915

A user named Bighead over on the Dolphin emulation forum took on the enormous task of fixing all the sky textures but the hashes were for the Dolphin texture pack and therefore not compatible with the Project64 pack.
So I spent a few hours today backporting them to work with the GlideN64 plugin. I had to copy and paste the original hashes and apply them to his changes. In the process I noticed that about 10 sunrise/sunset textures were rotated 180 degrees the wrong way, this has been fixed as well.

A BIG thanks to [MENTION=18111]Bighead[/MENTION] for his work.

Thx a million for this!! The pack works now. this is perfect.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Ah I see, I just assumed the hash codes were console specific. So would they be emulator specific and that's why there is a difference in the texture names between the Project64 and Dolphin pack?

That's right, I almost forgot that Dolphin dumps textures differently.

cheezer

When I load it with Rice some of the text in the title screen is missing. I don't mean it's not retextured, I mean it's completely missing. Only with Rice. Is there a reason for this? Everything else seems okay without actually starting the game but I have to assume if Zelda if it can't display "The Legend Of" above the Zelda logo there will be other glitches too...

DarthSisu

Hello all.

I have to say this texture pack is just amazing. Thanks to the people who have been making this pack.

For a long time I have wanted to somehow contribute to this awesome project, but unfortunately I have no texturing or art experience. However, I figured I could try to create 3D models from the prerendered backgrounds to help to make them in high quality. I don't have any previous experience from 3D modeling either, but I think it would be much easier for me to learn than learning to make high quality textures.

So far I have been making a 3D model out of the Market entrance background. Here's a picture from my progress so far. I admit it's very unprofessionally done, but I think it could serve it's purpose.

Attachments

• Zelda OOT Market Entrance.png
    Zelda OOT Market Entrance.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,518

cheezer

It must be the settings. Is alt crc checked, are you displaying at an odd aspect ratio?

I'm displaying at 4:3. And should alt crc be or not be checked?

Well before it was unchecked and missing letters. Now it's checked and the words on the title screen don't appear at all, so...

Last edited:

cagerhager

I'm running into the same type of problem Cheezer is as I'm only getting partial loading. I am running the latest Glide64 plugin (even downloaded GlideN64 but that doesn't work) and have checked this thread and many others for help.
Things I have checked under Enhanced texture options and Rice format:
-CRC
-Alpha Channel
-Compress textures
-Save texture cache with S3TC
I've been able to get .dat files that are 700+ from V5.8 of this pack to load up no problems.
This texture pack is 800+mb but I can only get about 500mb to load. Is this normal? Cheers guys and thank you for any guidance

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Latest one is still optemized for Rice. Was starting to work on the pack under GlideN64 but just haven't found the time

cheezer

I can't get it to all load with Rice either. Get the same problem as with Glide with only some textures loading. I give up. The pack looks fantastic and I wish I could use it, but the one I'm using now will just have to do I suppose.