What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V7

formfactor

I just want to thank all you kind and talented people for making it so much more awesome to be a Zelda fan! This project is **amazing**!

Nickhamm

This texture pack was made to be compatible with RiceVideo.
See if you still have the issue with Rice.

Backgrounds work with RiceVideo, but now there are a few new issues:
1. Any way to get it to NOT stretch to widescreen on my widescreen monitor. I tried the Pillarbox setting but it chops off the HUD textures, like it's trying to stretch them to widescreen but then just cutting them off.
2. It throws an error in Project64 if I try enable fullscreen on ROM launch.
3. The moon coming down in the title screen intro looks like wobbling jelly. I don't have this issue on other video plugins.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
1&3. This is something Death-droid may be able to help you with.
2. may be do to resolution or hardware restrictions.

Sorry but that's all that I can do for you.

Aizen Sousuke

I have a problem. I use dat version (679 mb). Sometimes when I open the menu the game freze and not answer, this happen frequently. I use project 1.6 2.1 or 2.2 gave me blue screen and pc restart.

My spec; 4 gb ram/ nvidia geforce 840m gpu/ i5 4210u cpu/ windows 10 pro 64 bit

Marstin31

my only problem is, when im ingame, and the Pj64 load the texure i get this error [ CN64Systeam::EmulationStarting: Exception caught FIle : .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp Line:265] error end , can somebody help me with the problem/ issue , and sry for bad englisch i come from russia

and my pc spech : Video Card : AMD Radeon R9 , Intel Core i5 3390, 8Gb Ram

EDIT : After 1-2 hours of re search of my problem, i fix it and it worked fin :) just the inventory take some time, 10-25 second, but its not a big deal :) , i fix this with the 4 GB fix patch , here in forum you can find it :)

Last edited:

|V3nom|

first, just want to say thank you for all the time yall have put into this classic game (best game ever made imo!) to update it! i look forward to playing it soon.

second, the download link on the first page doesnt seem to be working.

third, is there a write up to show how to use this texture pack with dolphin 4.0.2 (its the last stable build on dolphins site)? im also using the gamecube version, Zelda: Collector's Edition.

again, thanks to all who contributed to this awesomeness! :)

Hellbringer616

first, just want to say thank you for all the time yall have put into this classic game (best game ever made imo!) to update it! i look forward to playing it soon.

third, is there a write up to show how to use this texture pack with dolphin 4.0.2 (its the last stable build on dolphins site)? im also using the gamecube version, Zelda: Collector's Edition.

Someone is working on a port: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-zelda-collector-s-edition-hd-texture-pack-v0-5-2015-08-30 you will need to grab a dev build of Dolphin to get it to work, there were big changes in how Dolphin makes and loads textures and this pack requires them

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Slowly getting back to work on this texture pack :), spent most of today fixing up some of the oddities with the textures in the pack. Like the gaps in the sky textures.
Textures that for some reason include _rgb _a and _all versions, stuff like that.

CCTEX

What's up, long time no see [MENTION=29958]NES_player4LIFE[/MENTION]! [MENTION=63162]death--droid[/MENTION] Love this texture pack, let me know if I can ever be of any assistance.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

What's up, long time no see [MENTION=29958]NES_player4LIFE[/MENTION]! [MENTION=63162]death--droid[/MENTION] Love this texture pack, let me know if I can ever be of any assistance.
Glad you like it!, your tools look like they should come in handy :)

mordan

Hi all, first of all I want to thank you for the awesome work you've all put in this texture repack. I am loving it! I am facing a problem, I was using PJ64 2.2 and noticed that although my settings where correct as suggested in numerous posts in emutalk some of the textures did not load. I kept on reading an many people suggested that PJ64 1.6 is a far better option. So I installed the latter with Glide64 etc, set it up again as should and patched it to LAA. When loading the texture pack the program will crash with Microsoft Runtime C++ error. Any ideas? Thanks in advance :D

EDIT: I am now on PJ64 1.6.1 (patched) with Glide64_final and have placed the latest RiceVideo.dll 0.4.4 in Plugins folder as well, got past the error by running it in compatibility Windows Vista SP2 (I've tried XP SP2 and SP3 as well). Got some other issues still though.

a) When I try to End Emulation the emulator freezes and when I end the task, the cache is broken and I need to delete it and let PJ64 rebuilt every time I want to play.
b) The interiors (yes all of them so far) are never showing up. Got to check out some of them that MikeZilla was linking here, but on the first post I see "N" to almost all of them. Are they there or not?
c) Some textures are not loading. I am posting some screenshots for you to check my settings as well. I have tried with Frame Buffer Emulation Checked and Unchecked, as well as Alt CRC Calculation checked and unchecked and many textures won't load.

it won't let me post images...

My PC specs:

i53570K OC 4.2GHz
16GB RAM 1600
nVidia GTX770 2GB
Windows 8.1 64bit
PJ64, Roms & Textures running on my SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hey [MENTION=113501]mordan[/MENTION], you will likely have better luck loading the texture pack with Gliden64 http://gliden64.blogspot.com.au/ I've broken alot in Rice Video over my last few releases, so its better to use something like Glide64 or Gliden64.
I'm fixing up a few aspects of the texture pack at the moment, along with making new/replacement textures at the moment, so if theres any stand out problems I'll try and deal with them if i can reproduce it (As long as its not plugin related)

A vast majority of the backgrounds are not done, the backgrounds require an awful lot of work to get done as to properly do them, you need to rig up a 3D model of it, texture it properly in the modeler, render each shot and hope you have the camera in the right position so the backgrounds are matching to the originals composition.

Hmm you will have to post a bit more before the forum actually lets you post links or post pictures.

EDIT: After starting back over in Kokiri village, theirs a few textures that seem off to me. So far I have been playing around with the tree texture and would like to know peoples thoughts on it.
GLide_N64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_000.jpg

GLide_N64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_002.jpg

Last edited:

quintus000

White squares in the sky

Hi! I have some kind of problem ^^ Can you help me with this?

img11.hostingpics.net/pics/526436squares.png

(can't put the http before it, post denied ;))

Thanks a lot for your work :)

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Yeah that's being caused by the sky textures having a empty border around the right and bottom of it, dont know why it does. But i have fixed it in my latest local copy.