What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Paper Mario and DKR

Mollymutt

Hello all, mollymutt here. I finally decided to release my paper mario and diddy kong racing packs, People have been asking for these for a long time, but I was reluctant to do so because I didn't get the OK from my contributors. Well it's years later, and I haven't heard from any of the other people who worked on the packs, so I'm saying "what the hell". Neither of these packs are finished, but they represent many many hours of work, and I figure someone should get to see the work that was done. My thanks go out to those who helped me make these packs what they are.
http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1369/
http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1370/

emusa

I was one of those people who asked you for it :)

Thanks a lot for this man, I'm gonna check it out!

Awesome to be able to play the classics these days, using GlideN64 and great high-res texturepacks such as these. Good times for us N64 emu-enthusiasts!

CCTEX

Hello all, mollymutt here. I finally decided to release my paper mario and diddy kong racing packs, People have been asking for these for a long time, but I was reluctant to do so because I didn't get the OK from my contributors. Well it's years later, and I haven't heard from any of the other people who worked on the packs, so I'm saying "what the hell". Neither of these packs are finished, but they represent many many hours of work, and I figure someone should get to see the work that was done. My thanks go out to those who helped me make these packs what they are.
http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1369/
http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1370/

DKR is one of my top ten all time favorites for 64, look forward to checking out your pack. What major parts aren't finished?

OP
M

Mollymutt

Wow, it's been so long since I messed with this at all. I know after a million failed attempts to fully retexture the wheels, I know that they're not done. That goes with props and boat fans. You need to use the debug version of the emu to allow for frame by frame, so you can get figure out the rotation correctly. I think the majority of the tracks are done.

- - - Updated - - -

I was one of those people who asked you for it :)

Thanks a lot for this man, I'm gonna check it out!

Awesome to be able to play the classics these days, using GlideN64 and great high-res texturepacks such as these. Good times for us N64 emu-enthusiasts!
Both of these packs were made in rice. I nevercould get glide to work with the sub par pc I had at the time.

rizz768

Damn the water in the initial hub world of DKR looks absolutely amazing, shame the lake nearby uses a different set of textures, because that looks mind blowingly good.

I like this game way too much, I keep coming back to it trying to tinker with textures here and there over the years, never get enough done worth posting before I give up, really wish they'd just remake this game, it has so much charm.

Thanks for sharing this!

OP
M

Mollymutt

Thanks. I had a program on my old pc that made animated textures. I was really happy the way they came out too

rizz768

Diddy Kong Racing Wheel Animation

This isn't a working texture pack that I'm uploading below, I decided to post in this thread as it's the most relevant to Diddy Kong Racing, I was going enhance the wheels for the karts and release a pack for it, but my PJ64 just randomly stopped loading 90% of my texture pack, and nothing I've tried has fixed the problem, it now just loads random trees and flowers, so in frustration I'm just giving up.

Below is a 99% complete dump of the wheel animation from Diddy Kong Racing DS, which is actually one of very few textures in that version of the game that is leaps and bounds higher quality than the N64 version. The wheel animation in N64 DKR has 61 textures, whereas this DS dump has 60 textures, so one is one missing, it includes the N64 wheel animation dump as well.

In the chance someone wants to try and make the conversion, these textures are a great place to start, if I ever get Rice to work with PJ64 again I may give this another shot.

Attachments

• Wheels.rar
    107.1 KB · Views: 65
OP
M

Mollymutt

I made a 3ds max model for the wheels. That wasn't the problem. The problem is the way they're animated. I could never quite get the rotation 100% correct. It was really frustrating.and it certainly one of the main reasons I stopped the pack. I knew that the propellers and boat fans were going to be just as frustrating.