What's new

Mario Kart 64

Clements

First of all, I can't believe no one has done this yet! Anyway, Luigi's Raceway, Time Trial, Fastest time, (U) version of rom. Here is my effort, but I expect it to be crushed very quickly, but that doesn't matter! Lets just see who is the fastest Mario Karter at emutalk!

My effort: 1'47''87

OP
Clements

Clements

After 100s of attempts, I've improved my lap time to equal yours! Phew, I'm tired! Well done, Plisco- current champ!

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
There were a highscore page on emu64 before, with mario kart... anyway, I can't get better than 1,47,85
Best lap 35,61

Since I didn't really beat your times, I'm too lazy to post a pic...

Plisco

Sevillian
Lol came online to post these times and you beat my by a wisker. O well I will try again later:)
O yea I did beat your 3 lap time:doh: :happy:

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

Wow! Well done to everybody for superfast times! I picked this course as there are no real shortcuts... 3 whole seconds off my time! Amazing! Keep 'em coming!

OP
Clements

Clements

Here's my tips (from the slowest guy here :D )

Powerslide, powerslide, powerslide! It is the only way to get the times we're getting. On the two bends, I can pull off three powerslides, each one giving a speed boost. Use the three mushrooms wisely. I recommend a light character (Toad, Peach are good) It also helps if you unlock the Luigi ghost (just get a fast time), as you can aim for this guy and 'copy' some of its techniques. Above all, keep practicing!

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
wtf is an powerslide? you don't mean the boost of the mushrooms?

-edit found something-
Mario Kart 64
Tips

Power Slide
You want to use this technique all of the time as it is the one you will need to use on some of the shortcuts, and to get the special computer ghosts, and most definitely to beat them. This will change your speed considerably. To use it can be quite hard. First of all jump to the left or right and hold R. Move the control stick to the opposite way your turning and then back again three times. You'll notice the letters coming out the back of your car. These letters will change from White, yellow and then orange. If you let go when they're orange you will gain a slight boost. If you use the power-slide on every turn your time will be much better. When you get good enough you should be able to do the power-slide on even flat stretch's of road.

Turbo Start
Just before the lights at the beginning of the race turn to blue hold the A button and you will get a large boost which should put you in the lead as the computer opponents never use it. Beware however because if you press the A button too early your car will skid on the spot which will most definitely put you into last position. Also if you are lightweight do not charge into the back of heavier opponents as you will also spin on the spot, this means, that if you are heavier you want to try to bash into the lighter people.

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

When you go around a corner, hold R (like to jump) and hold the direction opposite to the bend. While still holding R, hold the direction into the bend. The smoke should change colour. Keep switching directions until the smoke goes orange and then let go off R. Your character should call out and you'll get a speed boost. If anyone can explain this better, do, as its quite hard to explain.

Edit- you beat me to it! Oh well, get practicing the technique!

Last edited:
Clements said:
Here's my tips (from the slowest guy here :D )

Powerslide, powerslide, powerslide! It is the only way to get the times we're getting. On the two bends, I can pull off three powerslides, each one giving a speed boost. Use the three mushrooms wisely. I recommend a light character (Toad, Peach are good) It also helps if you unlock the Luigi ghost (just get a fast time), as you can aim for this guy and 'copy' some of its techniques. Above all, keep practicing!

i usually do 4-5 powerslide per bends.. 2 in the tunnel then another one after it then i use all my mushroom to take the shortcut in the fence..

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

DiaBlo6662 said:
i usually do 5-6 powerslide per bends..

That would explain the faster times! The more you can fit in the better.

Originally posted by DiaBlo6662 then i use all my mushroom to take the shortcut in the fence.. [/B]

Hmm... a shortcut? Didn't know one existed for this course! You wouldn't mind explaining how to do it in a bit more detail... :D

Plisco

Sevillian
Clements said:

That would explain the faster times! The more you can fit in the better.
Hmm... a shortcut? Didn't know one existed for this course! You wouldn't mind explaining how to do it in a bit more detail... :D
I dont no a shortcut. All I do is pure racing. 4 powerslides per major corner

is not a shorcut..
i posted my ghost u can check it..
and btw.. i could beat my own record easily i just noticed toad is faster than peach..