What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

7 zip issues

apwest93

New to the forums so I apologize if this is in the incorrect thread

When I try to extract on of these files from www.emulation64.com/files/info/1098/zelda-ocarina-of-time-community-pack-by-emutalk-community.html/

It just gives me a "cannot open file as archive error"

I would provide a picture of the error, but this forum is not allowing to insert more than one link :\

I am also new to emulators so I'm probably just not doing something

I'm trying to extract to the Hires_Texture folder which is the plugin folder which is in the Project64 directory if that means anything

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
If you're referring to the Zelda OoT Community Pack, it is a multipart archive. You'll need to download all of the parts into the same directory and then open or extract from part one.

EDIT: Actually it might just be a split archive... In any case you'll need all of the parts and we'll go from there.

Last edited:
OP
A

apwest93

Ah, well I'm presuming you are talking about the project64 directory, and also i didn't know I could choose which file downloads go to xD. an explanation on how t do that would be appreciated

Toasty

Sony battery
It doesn't matter where you download the archive's parts, as long as they're all in the same place. The contents of the archive are what must be put in the right location, and those cannot be extracted until you have the complete archive.

OP
A

apwest93

OH all right, so to make sure I am clear on the matter I must download everything on that list then I can extract it to the Hires_Texture folder correct? Also thank you for taking the time and interest in answering my question.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Yes, you'll need all of the files in that list that pertain to that pack. (There are 16 altogether.)

Also thank you for taking the time and interest in answering my question.
You bet. :)

Last edited:
OP
A

apwest93

Welp I downloaded everything including the the DAT files and it is still giving me the "cannot not open file as archive error"

They are download into my downloads folder, I opened up 7 zip, I highlighted them all i then right clicked and then clicked extract file, i then select my hires_texture folder for the files to be extracted to and it then gives me that error

Perhaps I am missing a step?

I would provide a screenshot but the forum is not allowing me to post it

Toasty

Sony battery
Welp I downloaded everything including the the DAT files and it is still giving me the "cannot not open file as archive error"

They are download into my downloads folder, I opened up 7 zip, I highlighted them all i then right clicked and then clicked extract file, i then select my hires_texture folder for the files to be extracted to and it then gives me that error

Perhaps I am missing a step?

I would provide a screenshot but the forum is not allowing me to post it
Yeah, the files aren't named correctly. They need to have the "X of X" portions of the name removed such that they all have the same name, aside from the different three-digit extension.

OP
A

apwest93

we have been having major issues with 7zips board wide.
All the file data is tested and works fine before the upload but then it breaks as soon as it is uploaded.

for oot use death droids new mirrors

Thanks, I'll let you guys know if I have any issues with the mirrors

Last edited:
OP
A

apwest93

The mirrors worked thanks guys. Lol I'm going to back to my childhood, again thanks for all the work you guys did.