What's new

Project64 V1.6 and V2.3.2 say every rom i have is corrupted

xGxPhantomZzz

Hello Folks,

I am trying to get Project64 working now since 2 Days and it just wont open anything. It says that every rom i have is corrupted,which is unlikely because i have re-downloaded them so many times from many websites.
The games I am trying to get working are Lylat Wars (Starfox 64) and Turok 2 -Seeds of Evil. I tried using Version 1,6 and 2.3.2. Neither is working.I tried using GoodTools' Goodn64 but I have no clue how to use it and im not getting any smarter from tutorials, it says i dont have any of the 1624 ROMs and then proceeds to stop working.
WinRAR says the files are corrupted too though.The Error message ( i CTRL+C the message) is
---------------------------
Error
Attempt to open zip file failed.

Missing or corrupt zip file - check path and file.

You may need to restart the application.
OK

when I try to load a downloaded ROM. When I let WinRAR repair the damn thing the screen gets black (1.6...2.3.2 does nothing at all) for a second,then another screen pops up and then closes again. Back to step 1.
I really hope that somebody can help me!

Greetings, Phantom

- - - Updated - - -

A text file called "Debug" appears when i try to start a game. It reads
[0329/195726.597:ERROR:file_io_win.cc(163)] CreateFile C:\Users\xGxPhantomZzz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Crashpad\settings.dat: Zugriff verweigert (0x5)
[0329/195726.599:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(84)] TransactNamedPipe: Die Pipe wurde beendet. (0x6D)
[0329/195726.600:ERROR:file_io_win.cc(163)] CreateFile C:\Users\xGxPhantomZzz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Crashpad\settings.dat: Zugriff verweigert (0x5)

RetroPs1Guy95

Maybe it's a possibility of an unusual web browser like internet explorer or Microsoft edge etc. not downloading them properly. Or if the websites that you mentioned could have a buggier download version of the game. Did you download the emulator from the official website? If not, I'd suggest going to emuparadise to get all of your games from. But sometimes some other games are down on the website due to copyright or fixing the download link if that happens use the loveroms website instead. Try using 7-zip if that the issue for the RAR unpacker that your using to unzip games (Project 64 does read zip files that are compressed you can uncompress them if you want. If that fails then reinstall the emulator completely (Be aware of the malware inside of the launcher but everything else is clean.) And try to do all of those things you want to do with it.

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
1.6 should not have the same issue as 2.*.* As it is a completely different source entirely. I would tend to agree with the advice of corrupt files via an incomplete download method.