What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

"Super Mario 64 Realistically Redefined" The Naturalistic Hi Res Project

HiReZ92

Hello, and this is the Introducing of my, Super Mario 64 redifined with realistic textures! I'm working on taking games like Super Mario 64 and giving the game a look of of realism and a rich atmosphere. I provided the pictures of the before and after of the inside lobby of the castle and the "major" differences of the marble floor, carpet and especially the wall art. This project is at its early stage and I have fully completed the outside and lobby. I have only gone this far to make sure everything was complete and perfected in my eyes and I am waiting on opinions from the artists and viewers on emutalk, so I am open to comments and suggestions on what is you guys like and what you see can be improved on.

Hope this launches well and thanks,
HiRez92:bouncy:

Last edited:

Hawq

Not a comment on the work but any 56k modem users are gonna hate this topic, took my bb connection a few moments to load up those pics

OP
H

HiReZ92

Who said anything about making the whole game based on filters? I am still playing around with each texture and seeing what would go best with some of the textures. This is pretty much the one place where a I am experimenting with filters and in my opinion some the textures stand out a little better when using a few filters. Also it was my mistake to make such big pictures like this, wasn't thinking when it came to sizing the images. I'll be sure to make the a reasonable fit for the pictures or place them as attached images.

The Dave

If all you can artistically do is apply Photoshop filters, your pack is going to go nowhere. Same with people who can only put Google Image Searched things as textures.

OP
H

HiReZ92

The Dave said:
If all you can artistically do is apply Photoshop filters, your pack is going to go nowhere. Same with people who can only put Google Image Searched things as textures.
Why don't any of you get it through your thick skulls that this was just an experiment with the lobby. I didn't do the whole freakin game with filters! You really should be looking for the people who google image and slap it right into the map! How do you even think projects get started? Through photoshop filters, layers adjustments and other tools. I didn't even put out a pack already they don't call it testing for nothing. Instead of hating on the textures and critisizing of some filters I used you should really work on yours!

Toasty

Sony battery
Without criticism, this forum would be completely full of horrible texture packs. It's best to demonstrate some artistic competence early on - to avoid what's just happened here. Filters are a no-no for well-done texture packs.

OP
H

HiReZ92

Your right, Toasty and I greatly aprreciate and agree with comment you have just made. I apologize for blowing up like that earlier on in the thread about my textures and I have come to realize after looking at the picture that I will most likely redo the walls and doors for a better look. I'm going to post up new images later because I am finding ways in which I can improve on this particular area. I have also realized that poster edges on the walls and doors overexagerate and avoid the feel of what I wanted my work to be. Once again I apologize for going off like that to all of the members who replied to this thread and I have now taken your advice for the better and applying this newfound experience to my work.

Thanks again Toasty ,
HiRez92

Last edited:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
are there suppost (spelling.. it's getting late..is that the right spelling..eh..anyway) to be images i dun see any.. i have a 256k so..?

OP
H

HiReZ92

I have uploaded some new pictures of the outside and the lobby which I redid a bit. Still working on the trees; can't find a good fit for them. You will notice the change in water, bricks, ground, grass, and rocks along the waterfall.

Last edited:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well those look pretty good but you can tell where somethings are tiled, but other than that good work!

OP
H

HiReZ92

Thanks a lot! It's been a real job for me to make the tiles blend in especially the sand:) I'm going to keep working to make these textures to perfection. Thanks for the comment!

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
It is certantly starting to look a lot better. Great job!
skyman8081 said:
Poster Edges does not a texture pack make.
Don´t repeat yourself..You have said exactly the same thing before..

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Not to be negatie, well, yes to be negative, I personally do not like this pack. It's too generic and lacks any Mario style at all. Thumbs down.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
this is your first pack is it not? if it is then you can't be mad at him for trying.. I've never done a pack but I'm getting info and am trying to put one together, if it's his first then I think it's a good start..

OP
H

HiReZ92

Risio said:
Not to be negatie, well, yes to be negative, I personally do not like this pack. It's too generic and lacks any Mario style at all. Thumbs down.
Hey man that's your opinion and stick to it, but no one is keeping you in this thread so if you don't like nobody is keeping you here, you can look on to more threads if you don't like it; that's what makes a forum a forum. Besides we all have our artistic point of views on how we want things to look. You took the cartoonish style and put it in Mario which has been done many times and is dying out, so I wanted to give Super Mario a revamped look and make it rich in color and realistic. In my utmost opinion we are all taking the "Mario style" out of the game when we want to add our own flavor on each map. You took Yoshi's Island; a crayon coloring/cartoon style approach which totally avoids a 3-D Mario game, it's ambitious and creative. In previous threads I have noticed in threads when you were in the acts of cancelling your project people did not like your work aswell. So in conclusion instead of doing a "cartoon" style Mario style, which has been done over and over, I am doing my own thing. So if you don't like what I'm doing you have choices to keep working on your project and to go about doing a job of doing your on style and I will do mine.

Thanks for the comments

Last edited:

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
Hey, HiRez92
Risio is just givin his opinion... and you asked for opinions!
You just can't expect that all the comments are positive.
BTW, positive comments give us motivation, while negative comments show us how we can make something better.