What's new

Apollo v0.10 Source (Jan-12-2004)

Remote

Kick ass news :D I don't have much skill but I'm going to take a look at it this weekend and see if I can understand anything :D

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
You say it's fantastic... but you both fail to realize it likely means no furthur updates by me.

Remote

Kind of understood that but I have to say that as Martin said you have given a lot to N64 emulation and will definitely hold a big part of it when I think back to it in a couple of years. Everythings got to end sometime and even if this is a double egged situation I'm very pleased with what you have accomplished during the years, audio in a class of it's own and a unique and personal touch with Apollo... :D

Last edited:

linemu

/beats bjz with shoe

It's too bad that azimer is going to stop doing n64 emulation stuff, apollo was a promising emu and his sound plugins were second to none. However, I salute azimer for open-sourcing his emu/sound plugin. Maybe his excellent sound plugin can be ported to linux! :) His Rsp plugin has already been ported and it works well. And maybe now hacktarux can study the apollo Dyna-Rec code, if that would help him with mupen64.
Farewell azimer!

Shin_Gouki

Thats sounds sad azimer, i hope for you that you are happy with that what you have achieved( you should know for your self that it is a bunch of work!!)
And good wishes for your future :)
wbr Shin Gouki

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
Azimer Great work!,
Would you allow me to port this src to a console? (as i am already about 50% there). Or would you mind if i continued to add some features to it?
It's time for you to move on from the n64 emu scene i guess :p

olivieryuyu

impossible to compile with dev C++ and visual c++

i even asked somebody else to do it but he didn't succeed

PS: have i the right to compile it ?

xamenus

olivieryuyu said:
PS: have i the right to compile it ?

As long as you use it for your own personal use and don't distribute it, I suppose so. So I'm not sure if someone besides Azimer is allowed to post it on this forum...

olivieryuyu

well Azimer i must say that this apollo version is quite good. Sound in Top gear Overdrive doesn't block emu as all the rest of the emulator. Just a small question: why did you want to do a dynarec ? i say that because you're interpreter is very good, the fastest i've seen.With a 1Ghz dynarec doesn't seems to be required and can cause bugs.

Anyway thanks for this great emulator.

retroK

Very nice,
thank you olivieryuyu for compiling and thanks to Azimer for allowing to distribute it.

I added the emulator together with some good plugins to the database at my site.