What's new

demul not working

dj wurst

I'm trying to run demul on a Intel Core i3 6100 with Windows 10

demul07a_221215 only shows gpuDX11 as Video plugin and crashes on most of the games (e.g. crazy taxi)

demul0582 shows no Video plugins even though the path is set correctly.

On my other Computer Intel Core i7 gtx980 everything works fine.

Can anyone please help me to get demul working on the Core i3?

OP
D

dj wurst

tried 07a_230915:
demul still crashes after crazy taxi shows the "system init end"-Message

any ideas?

spotanjo3

tried 07a_230915:
demul still crashes after crazy taxi shows the "system init end"-Message

any ideas?

Go back to 0.582? It was playable. Try it. If it is still crashes after crazy shows the "system init end"-Message then you might have incorrect naomi bios.

OP
D

dj wurst

demul0582 shows no Video plugins even though the path is set correctly. :-(

I'm using the dreamcast emulation not naomi.

On my other Computer Intel Core i7 gtx980 everything works fine.

OP
D

dj wurst

Quite new:
Gigabyte H110N, Intel i3 6100, 8 GB, 1TB HDD

I tried Windows 10 and 7.

Yesterday I formated the HDD and started with a clean installation of Windows 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Windows 7 Home Service Pack 1 installed
Motherboard, LAN and Audio Drivers installed
microsoft .net framework 4.5 installed
Intel HD Graphics Driver 15.4463 installed

now waiting for Windows Update

MetalliC

Demul developer
Demul runs fine on my PC with Intel HD 4000. I never experienced any issues. How old is your system?
I highly doubt it is fine. run some Dreamcast games which uses a lot of translucency, Draconus or Omicron for example. in best case you'll get slideshow instead of games, in worst - demul or Intel drivers crash.
I'd guess you play NAOMI games only, which shows quite weak DC/NAOMI GPU features usage, so they may works acceptable on that Intel HD thing.
but Dreamcast games usually much advanced, so there no chances to run them normally if you haven't real graphics card.

ferrarifan68

I highly doubt it is fine. run some Dreamcast games which uses a lot of translucency, Draconus or Omicron for example. in best case you'll get slideshow instead of games, in worst - demul or Intel drivers crash.
I'd guess you play NAOMI games only, which shows quite weak DC/NAOMI GPU features usage, so they may works acceptable on that Intel HD thing.
but Dreamcast games usually much advanced, so there no chances to run them normally if you haven't real graphics card.
I owned a actual Dreamcast. I only play Arcade games on Demul

OP
D

dj wurst

A HD530 is much faster than a HD4000. But speed is not my problem at moment. :-(

Demul (Crazy Taxi) still doesn't work. I even installed an old ati 5450.
Is there anything besides C++ 2010 redistributable that I have to install to use Demul?

MetalliC

Demul developer
latest Demul versions (0.7a) doesn't require any of redisributables.

older 0.58x versions require MSVC 2010 redist and DirectX June 2010
note: on Windows 8.x or 10 you still have to install DX redist! stock win 8/10 have only latest DX components versions preinstalled, but miss most of older ones.

Darren85

Hi,

Ive recently had to buy a new laptop because my old one died but i am finding it really hard to get my emulators to work (PS1 managed to sort) but Dreamcast no matter which emulator i try, Chankast, NULLDC and DEMUL none will run.

I am starting to think this is down to Windows 10 because ive never had any problems with emulators in the past.

Does anyone know how what emulator/build will work for Windows 10

* AMD Quad-Core E2-7110
* 8Gb DDR3L-1600 SDRAM
* AMD Radeon™ R2 Graphics

ferrarifan68

What about a High performance CPU clocked at 3.7 GHZ with Intel HD?

lasean walker

What about a High performance CPU clocked at 3.7 GHZ with Intel HD?
The CPU is fine. I wouldn't recommend the Intel HD Graphics for Demul. For other emulators like Model 2 Emulator,Supermodel,and MAME, the Intel graphics should be fine. The new Intel Iris performance has increased than it's predecessors.

spotanjo3

The CPU is fine. I wouldn't recommend the Intel HD Graphics for Demul. For other emulators like Model 2 Emulator,Supermodel,and MAME, the Intel graphics should be fine. The new Intel Iris performance has increased than it's predecessors.

That's not true. If you don't know or haven't test it then you shouldn't say it. I recommend for more people with an Intel HD Graphics to test it at first. It is unconfirmed for now. Also, I have an Intel HD Graphic and its an OpenGl 4.1. Yes, Citra, Dolphin, PCSX2 and others worked just fine without a problem for my MAC. :)

I can't test Demul unless I have to use Windows 10 for my MacBook Pro to test. Someday, I might. Right now I am fine with recently emulators like above for powerful emulators. I test them myself. :)

lasean walker

That's not true. If you don't know or haven't test it then you shouldn't say it. I recommend for more people with an Intel HD Graphics to test it at first. It is unconfirmed for now. Also, I have an Intel HD Graphic and its an OpenGl 4.1. Yes, Citra, Dolphin, PCSX2 and others worked just fine without a problem for my MAC. :)

I can't test Demul unless I have to use Windows 10 for my MacBook Pro to test. Someday, I might. Right now I am fine with recently emulators like above for powerful emulators. I test them myself. :)
I apologize dude.