What's new

Dreamemu 0.0.4.1 Test Released!

Don't get your hopes up, its not that big a deal. Not much work has been done on
it save a new GUI and some 3d graphics support. Releasing test versions will make
me aware of bugs, what is/isn't working and also tips/ideas from testers. Hopefully
new test releases will be made available on a bi-weekly basis which will show alot
of improvement. I havn't had lots of time to devote to Dreamemu in the past hence the
slow progress. Hopefully this will make me spend some more time working on it. For more details, please read the <A href="http://www.dreamemu.net">news<a/>. This will also give details on the new email addresses and also the new compatibility list and report section.

Download it <A href="http://www.dreamemu.net/files/dreamemu-0.0.4.1-bin-rel.zip">here</A>!

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
hmm it isn't save-ing the plugin path and bios path.
(so when i restart it, it give some errors)

and where can i find the IP.BINs and 1ST_READ.BINs/Bootfiles ?

(using win98se)

ip.bin isnt the bios, and u can find them in any of the demos you download. thats a wierd problem with the plugin paths, probably got to do with the registry - im using winxp so there could be differences. Could u mail me the error messages and stuff to [email protected]? tnx.

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
When you form the DreamEmu and restart the emulator, it shows you many messages of ERROR and when you initiate emulation STARS DEMO also

Last edited:
Please be more specific. I released it because I am getting no errors at all now, but I know how to use it so I might be assuming something.

(*_*)MARK

SEE YOU L8TER MASTERB8TER
maybe it doesnt cause errors on xp but I get the same error about bios file not being there and the plugin, even when I have the katana.bin ting (Winme)

RuLaX

The same error again and again:
SH-4 Error

Uhandle instruction H´009B H´AC010000

And not save the path.

win98SE
celeron 450
96 Mb RAM

Good work
:satisfied

The sh4 error is most likly a scrambling problem. the plugin paths and bios are a win98 thing, ill get it sorted as soon as possible.

Pr()ZaC

I just would like to congratulate you, Lord Cheese, for your efforts devoted to the Dreamcast emulation community.
I hope we soon will enjoy Dead or Alive 2 in our humble PCs ;)

BinoX

Dreamemu Tester
I'm gunna be uploading demos and things to my site soon as I test them and make sure they work fine.

I'll have zips and isos there of all of them...

I'll do it this weekend.

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
The messages of mistake that shows me in the Windows 98 on having restarted the DreamEmu after having config it, They Are:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plugin Error
A file could not be opened (File not found/invalid format) (input - "C:\DreamEmu\Plugins\LordCheese_DirectDraw7.dll")

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIOS Error
A file could not be opened (File not found/invalid format) (input - " ")

:(

Last edited:

TOPKat

Wots the real name of the bios damn! :)

Hi all, well, Ive just found this segaall.bim 4MB file, but when I try to run it with the emu it just doesnt work. Ive rename it to bios.bin and tryed to set it in the config menus but, it just dont let me. Wots the name of the bios, and is this file Ive found the right one??? thx

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Re: Wots the real name of the bios damn! :)

TOPKat said:
Hi all, well, Ive just found this segaall.bim 4MB file, but when I try to run it with the emu it just doesnt work. Ive rename it to bios.bin and tryed to set it in the config menus but, it just dont let me. Wots the name of the bios, and is this file Ive found the right one??? thx

Why bother, it doesnt even run yet...

Marty

TOPKat said:

So, I find this file too! TOPkat, is that bios or fake?
People, what this file means?

Marty

TOPKat said:

So, I find this file too! TOPkat, is that bios or it's fake?
People, what this file means?

Flash

Technomage
I've got two 4Meg DC BIOS files: first was
ordinary bad dump and i've launched it to the hyperspace through /dev/null :)

Second is some kind of BIOS from WIP version of DC hardware with some debugger stuff inside. Not it's not devstation BIOS, it's BIOS from early internal
revision of DC.

It will not work with Dreamemu, Icarus or even (unmodified) DC

Good DC BIOS is 2Mb. (Megs here is megabytes, not megabits)