What's new

Dragon Treasure III

rugasquare

Dear all,
May I know how to play the dragon treasure III?
I have already got the .chd file but after i load it from the demul lastest version.
It still show show the Error 01 "This game is not acceptable by Main Board"
how can i slove it?

- - - Updated - - -

I have try to select a numbers of bios, does anyone know which bios should be select?

MetalliC

Demul developer
nothing specific required. download emulator, unpack to some empty folder, run it,
Roms paths - add - navigate to roms folder.
Run Naomi/Naomi2 - select Dragon Treasure 3 (satellite) and game will run.

OP
R

rugasquare

nothing specific required. download emulator, unpack to some empty folder, run it,
Roms paths - add - navigate to roms folder.
Run Naomi/Naomi2 - select Dragon Treasure 3 (satellite) and game will run.

Thanks MetalliC,

I follow your step (just use a new PC) without any extra BIOS(naomi and nami2 BIOS),
the first time I load file then it prompt "Unable to find'epr-21576c.ic27' in romset 'naomi'"
after that I try to put back the naomi and nami2 bios into roms folder (I using gds-037a.chd and gds-041a.chd Dragon treasure 2 and 3 chd file.)
but it also prompt the message Error 01 This Game is not acceptable by main board.

Is there any other file not in .chd format? just like .rom can play?

MetalliC

Demul developer
99% problem is not in ROMs, but it happen because you broke emulator settings in some way.

follow my previous message instructions, especially "unpack (emulator) to some empty folder" part.
of course latest version (171012)

Last edited:
OP
R

rugasquare

99% problem is not in ROMs, but it happen because you broke emulator settings in some way.

follow my previous message instructions, especially "unpack (emulator) to some empty folder" part.
of course latest version (171012)

I have try to doing this for using three different computer (they are all different mainboard but i5 PC in Windows 7.
It all the same result.
2 PC is not install demul before. Okay I will keep trying. Thanks brothers!

- - - Updated - - -

I have try to doing this for using three different computer (they are all different mainboard but i5 PC in Windows 7.
It all the same result.
2 PC is not install demul before. Okay I will keep trying. Thanks brothers!

I make it!!!!!
it is because I load it from the .chd directly and it was default Dragon Treasure 3 (Rev. A) instead of Dragon Treasure 3 (satellite)
after i load it in Dragon Treasure 3 (satellite) bu sorting the name in game list. it's happen!!

Love you. really love you all the team. I have been wait for eight years! I found my dream come true.
It such a day that i back to my pass. You will knew it when you become elder......actually I am not too old...
Thanks again. (Million words.. and want to tears.)

OP
R

rugasquare

I have one more question on this game.
From the youtube video. it can load the ic card page (around 1:00 frame) , how can i do this? because i can select the character and save weapon in it.

Does the pusher no.7,8 not working?

MetalliC

Demul developer
card can be inserted or ejected using P1 Start button
other controls: P1 Down - Center key, P1 Left - Left key, P1 Right - Right key
P1 Push 1-7 - chacklers 1-7, P2 Push 1-2 chacklers 8-9
P1 Coin - Coin left, P2 Coin - Coin right

most of rest P1 and P2 buttons used for sensors from "pusher", "jp mecha", "slope" and other mechanical devices, and I don't know what it supposed to do, because I've never seen this real machine, or any other coin pusher in real life. I have no idea how to simulate things I know nothing about.
so, it is still in development state, but somehow works with all that mechanical devices and networking disabled via game secret debug menu.

OP
R

rugasquare

card can be inserted or ejected using P1 Start button
other controls: P1 Down - Center key, P1 Left - Left key, P1 Right - Right key
P1 Push 1-7 - chacklers 1-7, P2 Push 1-2 chacklers 8-9
P1 Coin - Coin left, P2 Coin - Coin right

most of rest P1 and P2 buttons used for sensors from "pusher", "jp mecha", "slope" and other mechanical devices, and I don't know what it supposed to do, because I've never seen this real machine, or any other coin pusher in real life. I have no idea how to simulate things I know nothing about.
so, it is still in development state, but somehow works with all that mechanical devices and networking disabled via game secret debug menu.

Thanks brother!

The most important for this game is to read and load the save since this is a RPG game plus coins game.
I am try to make a physical machine with lego plus other tools now. if success , i will post it and should from here. :)
I already have ideas since the fist time I saw the demo video from yours. It's being happen:bounce:

OP
R

rugasquare

Thanks brother!

The most important for this game is to read and load the save since this is a RPG game plus coins game.
I am try to make a physical machine with lego plus other tools now. if success , i will post it and should from here. :)
I already have ideas since the fist time I saw the demo video from yours. It's being happen:bounce:

May I share some information of playing this game.
This game include a IC card (now is virtual save for the first time). While you choose character and select the mission stage.
Remember to save and don't close the game directly. Otherwise, the menu will auto check the IC card is busy and lock in the menu mode.
How to save? press the Hold the "Start" button and it will show some Japanese words (2 character Japanese word =YES, 3 character Japanese word =No),
after this you can close the game and next time you play again , just press "Start" can load back the game save.

Unfortunately, the IC card can only save 50 times.. but the game play time is very long.. (you can see that each time you finished the stage will show you the percentage you have finished.
In real machine, you need to buy another new IC card to change over the old one. but in virtual i haven't try it.
But I have an other method to escape this problem. each time you finished the stage , jump back to select stage platform. press "F4", move to IC Card test, select "Card eject" then "Exit"
you will auto jump back to without IC card mode game screen. Then close the game.

I have tried it and next time you load the game and press "Start", you can load back all the save record and can continues without counting save times.
Cheers. and have fun. (I know this because I have been playing this game for 3 years and assist the game center to fix the problem of this machine. hehe.

One more, If you want to collect all the special monster card in game , you can change the game date in menu, I remember that 1/1 , 25-26/12, 30/10, 14/2 etc have different special monster sudden come out during the special date. Good luck and I am crazy enjoy it now!:naughty:

MetalliC

Demul developer
glad to see you are enjoing it :)
small tip - IC cards data stored in nvram folder, like <gamename>.card files (ie dragntr3s.card). you may backup it somewhere, or delete to generate empty card at next emulator launch.

OP
R

rugasquare

Dear brother,

I have a question on the physical connection.( not sure do you know this)
From the setting menu, there have a control of the coins output. In real machine, the coins will drop out after the you pass the button or play the game if you got metal.
If the metal can't (the stock is empty) come out, it will have error message. (I guess you have amend it to Ignore it. because it still can pass without checking, right?)

My question is if it possible to pass the message to com port ? I try to add a control board to get those message from the comport or usb etc.. so that make the this machine work.

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/2917525958/TB2PAx5X.gQMeJjy0FeXXXOEVXa_!!2917525958.jpg