What's new

Majoras Mask doesnt start anymore

Nocturne

(Solved!)

Hi yo!
Suddenly my Majoras Mask (E) v1.1 Rom wont start anymore. I already tryed another Rom but it remains the same. It says Emulation started but nothing happens. I am able to quickload a savegame though so the game itself works. It just wont start properly and bring me to the Starting screen where you pick your Name etc.. The same happened to me with Pokemon Puzzle League (E). I tryed the (U) Rom of puzzleleague and it worked however. So I didnt care any further.
I dont want to use the (U) Rom of Majoras Mask however so I didnt try it yet. I wanna know what the issue of that is. It worked perfectly fine the last time I played. And I didnt change anything as far as I remember.

Im using Project 64 1.6 with the 1.6.1 Graphic and Sound Plugins which Jabo so kindly provided. My Controller Input is Nrage V2 2.3b (the newest atm)
I of course tryed different plugins and changing most graphic settings to find the issue. But I dont seem to have found it quite yet. The game starts properly with 1964.

An Idea anyone? Thank you for reading yo

Edit: So with Glide64 graphics plugin it tells me that there is no expansion pack. Could it be my expansion pak isnt being emulated anymore for some reason and thats why my game isnt starting anymore?

Edit 2: So I just had to change my RDRAM size to 8MB to enable my Expansion Pak again.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Why don't you like using the NTSC US rom if I may ask? It runs faster, and NTSC emulation is usually a lot more stable and overall better than PAL emulation.

OP
N

Nocturne

Why don't you like using the NTSC US rom if I may ask? It runs faster, and NTSC emulation is usually a lot more stable and overall better than PAL emulation.
Mainly because I want to play the game in german too. Other than that check out these differences between the two versions: (nvm cant figure out how to post a link...)
There are some minor differences. Mainly glitch fixes and grammar fixes.
I just tryed it though and it doesnt start either.